1974 Jensen Intercepter with a 440 for sale

-
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm pretty sure they were factory-equipped with 383's. Don't know if 440 was an option. If it acually is a real 440, I bet somebody swapped it in at some point during it's life.

According to a couple of hits on the ol www they did indeed come with 440's

Yes they came with 440,s,I remember working on one back in the early 80,s and takeing for a test drive.They are indeed a rare car nowadays.:read2:

I always heard about those coming with the 440. It looks like a mean Saab with a Gen 1 Barracuda back window. I thought about getting one, but buying parts must kill you

I think the early ones were 383's, later ones were 440's. When I was a kid I fancied being rich one day, driving a Jensen Interceptor and wearing an ascot. Some of you will remember Snoopy from the Peanut's cartoon when he was 'Joe Cool...' Dang I'm old:toothy10:

Yes, early had 383s, later had 440s. I've driven one, many years ago. Very heavy so not so great off the line, but I've been told of a tremendous top end...

By the way, the price seems very fair, but the restoration would be expensive. I'd drive it as is. Maybe save up for new leather.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back