1974 Scamp some assembly required

-
We have low profile non splined u joint couplers that you bolt through like that, that we use for Reach rods on the boats I work on offshore. Reach rods are used to open or close valves remotely. Will try and grab a photo later in the day.
Yes! Now that you mention it, I remember seeing those on board ship. I'm a Navy vet. Can't remember exactly the application.

Started the engine overhaul. (Krylon) I'm such a cheap bastard. LOL. Should be taking my time and building a real engine. I swear I get more enjoyment out of repurposing and reusing old stuff then building new **** sometimes.

20190324_184445.jpg
20190324_184456.jpg
20190324_184619.jpg
20190324_184709.jpg

Here I am getting this pig ready for her new coat of lipstick. Have a 360 port matched (hogged out, not by me) ld4b laying around. Wonder if it'll work on this 360? We shall see. Junkyard 600 Eddy needs a rebuild.
20190324_105252.jpg
20190324_105315.jpg
20190324_105237.jpg
20190324_105356.jpg
20190324_121931.jpg

Last edited:
Man that engine looks good!! That came out so clean. And to think I just spent 40 bucks on mopar brand engine paint! Smh

Man that engine looks good!! That came out so clean. And to think I just spent 40 bucks on mopar brand engine paint! Smh

True story. Tried to do it right. Bought three cans of the good Chrysler blue engine stuff. Every can was bad. Spit and sputtered, wouldn't spray worth crap. Taking them all back. Went to Lowe's, picked out few cans of a light blue. That's what I get for buying expensive stuff. LOL

True story. Tried to do it right. Bought three cans of the good Chrysler blue engine stuff. Every can was bad. Spit and sputtered, wouldn't spray worth crap. Taking them all back. Went to Lowe's, picked out few cans of a light blue. That's what I get for buying expensive stuff. LOL
Oww crap dont tell me that I just bought 4 cans of it!!
I had bought bought some of the rusolum engine paint but I decided to go with the chysler blue instead of orange. Originally i was gonna do an orange engine but then I changed my mind and did a orange car I thought orange on orange wouldn't look as good. Plus the blue is the correct color for a 75 360! So it will look more original.
Just in case what color krylon did you paint the engine?? That looks pretty close to original!

Oww crap dont tell me that I just bought 4 cans of it!!
I had bought bought some of the rusolum engine paint but I decided to go with the chysler blue instead of orange. Originally i was gonna do an orange engine but then I changed my mind and did a orange car I thought orange on orange wouldn't look as good. Plus the blue is the correct color for a 75 360! So it will look more original.
Just in case what color krylon did you paint the engine?? That looks pretty close to original!
Don't sweat it brother, I tried that Duplicolor ****. Now I'm seeing bad reviews all over the place on it. Your stuff will work fine, I'm sure.
I don't remember the color name exactly, but I can get it later. It was the only light blue that wasn't hideous.
It doesn't look that close to my half blind eyes...............

Don't sweat it brother, I tried that Duplicolor ****. Now I'm seeing bad reviews all over the place on it. Your stuff will work fine, I'm sure.
I don't remember the color name exactly, but I can get it later. It was the only light blue that wasn't hideous.
It doesn't look that close to my half blind eyes...............
You got got me curious so this morning I broke out a can of the mopar engine paint I just got from summit and sprayed a few swipes on an old oil pan. It looks pretty good to me. It seems thin it may take several coats. Plus I'm gonna use primer too! I'm sure that will help.

You got got me curious so this morning I broke out a can of the mopar engine paint I just got from summit and sprayed a few swipes on an old oil pan. It looks pretty good to me. It seems thin it may take several coats. Plus I'm gonna use primer too! I'm sure that will help.

Cool what brand did you buy? I've always had real good luck starting with a clean, clean, clean substrate, then this. Going back to my Navy days. We called it red lead back then. Today's formula still works well. If it's good enough for that salt water enviroment.......

7769402.jpg

Then this:
Z0x2BukcpEx_.JPG

I'm a simple man.

Last edited:
Cool what brand did you buy? I've always had real good luck starting with a clean, clean, clean substate, then this. Going back to my Navy days. We called it red lead back then. Today's formula still works well. If it's good enough for that salt water enviroment.......

View attachment 1715309011

Then this:
View attachment 1715309014

I'm a simple man.
That is exactly what I used on all my suspension and k frame it turned out really nice. It has a good shine to it. Its not has tough or hard as I expected but it turned out good enough to be under the car. Lol

More prep and paint. Cleaning gasket surfaces, installing timing chain and crank seal.

20190326_181400.jpg
20190326_181416.jpg
20190326_200226.jpg
20190326_200237.jpg
20190326_200245.jpg
20190326_200339.jpg
20190326_200549.jpg
20190326_200618.jpg

Damn I think I like that color better than my 40 dollar mopar paint!!
:BangHead:

Here is what I got and I got 3 cans of each. It was over 90 bucks lol

Screenshot_20190327-132526_Samsung Internet.jpg

Screenshot_20190327-132453_Samsung Internet.jpg

I'm happy with it. Sorta in between Chrysler blue and the turquoise. Plus my son picked it out...........
I thought about going red to contrast with the car. To late. Maybe next motor some day.

I'm happy with it. Sorta in between Chrysler blue and the turquoise. Plus my son picked it out...........
I thought about going red to contrast with the car. To late. Maybe next motor some day.
I think your son has great taste! That Is a beautiful color.

Big thanks to 318willrun for the heads up on 318 motor mounts on a 360. Been a long time since I've messed with a 360 and had no idea or forgot about the difference. Just got my mounts today and would have been scratching my *** on Saturday when I go to set the motor in.
20190327_183409.jpg
20190327_183812.jpg

Last edited:
I ordered the 318 mounts from shumacker then with the change of plans sent them back and ordered the 360 ones had I only knew a week ago I would have just kept them and used them. I haven't heard anything from shumacker yet I hope I get the new ones soon.

I ordered the 318 mounts from shumacker then with the change of plans sent them back and ordered the 360 ones had I only knew a week ago I would have just kept them and used them. I haven't heard anything from shumacker yet I hope I get the new ones soon.
Patience, grasshopper, lol. Hey, if Shumacker is gonna swap you even, why not? Mine are O'Reilly's finest!

Patience, grasshopper, lol. Hey, if Shumacker is gonna swap you even, why not? Mine are O'Reilly's finest!
Did you do a k frame swap? Or was yours originally a v8 car?
I have a slant six k frame I dont think o'Reilly had those 6 to v8 conversion mounts hahaha.

-
Back