1978 Chrysler Cordoba

-
Well I'll say this, a Thumpin Doba would be a very weird sight going back 20 years. But! Since today, the cost of a Road Runner, even in crap shape is 3 times the cost of a nice driver Doba. I'll take the Doba right quick and have a lux-o-barge runnin and thumpin away. I have seen some really nicely done up Doba's and there sister kin from Dodge and Plymouth don't look half bad either!

I have seen fiberglass bumpers and a hood being made for them. UP22 I think?
A lot of weight is in the sound deadening material under the carpet. Looks like a thick burlap.

I guarantee you I will! I'm trying to round the stuff up for it. All I need is the Compressor, hoses, condenser, and reciever/drier/acumulator. Probably another $400

If you buy a reman compressor only comes in 2 pieces not as a 1 unit which I had planned when I found out the 2 parts needed was over 600.00 in NC. That was at O'Reillys was the cheapest.

Looks like a real solid car. I would get the rest of the vinyl top off just to make sure there's no hidden rust under it. I think I wouldda kept that one had it been mine.

Looks like a real solid car. I would get the rest of the vinyl top off just to make sure there's no hidden rust under it. I think I wouldda kept that one had it been mine.

You don't recognize it Rob?

The Cordoba was the last car my Dad's Dad (Paternal Grandfather) bought before he passed away in 1980. It had a 400 2bbl which couldn't be trusted to get the car out of its own way, it was so restricted. I've always wondered what that engine could have done if it was reworked and "opened up", so to speak.
Good luck with the build, happy to follow along with your progress.

Well you certainly got it. :>>

my 1st car was a 78 Magnum, with a 360. We built the engine...I had the fastest car in high school back in the late 80's. miss that car so much, if I could find one nowadays that I could afford. It would be a serious road car. Have fun with it and take care of it, I am jealous.

I sure plan on it! I found a guy in McAlsister, OK that has LOTS of parts for it. His personal driver is a Viper Yellow 75 Road Runner!

my 1st car was a 78 Magnum, with a 360. We built the engine...I had the fastest car in high school back in the late 80's. miss that car so much, if I could find one nowadays that I could afford. It would be a serious road car. Have fun with it and take care of it, I am jealous.

Save a few bucks and look around your area of the country. There seems to be a lot of Magnums popping up for sale in the middle of the USA.

WOOHOO! I finally got a Brake Master Cylinder put on the other night! Lol I'll post pics later

I put some 15x10 alloy wheels on to flatten out the tread on the 275's. They look like they rub, but they don't.

Attachments

• IMG-20111217-00075.jpg
    115.2 KB · Views: 191
  • IMG-20111217-00076.jpg
    114.4 KB · Views: 181
Chuck, I just saw this thread, and wish I had seen it a few days ago. Now I feel like an idiot...........You will see why in a few days hehe btw I like the car, good luck with the build:blob:

Chuck, I just saw this thread, and wish I had seen it a few days ago. Now I feel like an idiot...........You will see why in a few days hehe btw I like the car, good luck with the build:blob:
Is this going to be bad jw? That use to be my Doba

Its all good JW. If its parts, I never turn them down. I found out that the test drive wasn't brutal enough. I also found out that the rear end is shisfted to the right about 2/3 of an inch.... :(

Its all good JW. If its parts, I never turn them down. I found out that the test drive wasn't brutal enough. I also found out that the rear end is shisfted to the right about 2/3 of an inch.... :(

The ISO Clamps are worn out.

They will also "RIP" and that is not rest in peace. On my Magnum, the ISO runner was a bit shot, not really bad, but the metal "U" shape bottom was good. It is the top plate that rips under stress. They are impossible to get new. (Both metal parts)

IF you have a F,M,J car, you can get replacement parts if you look around, though they do not fit the B body at all. I tried, it is a no go.

Going to a earlier standard B body rear is the best bet and the right year bolts in without issue!

That's what I intend ti do. As Cliff pointed out, firmFeel makes adapters to go from ISO at regular springs

well DobaDaddy, im sure you knew i would have to get in on this as i have just about finished going entirely through my 77 charger se. the only things that changed from 77 to 78 was the front and rear end treatments.every thing else was the same and so far, i have not had any problems in finding mechanical replacement parts.every bushing and pieces for the isolated k member and rear spring isolator bushing pads including the torsion bar mount(it is a bolt in piece as well)are all available. the shifter is not a "ratchet" design ,but the same shifter, mounts and components as the 71-74 b body console shifters and incidently,will completely interchange. it is still a b body and the last year for the b body was 1979.i have a friend over here in the springs that has a farm of cordobas.1975-79 and i have access to 12 to 15 cordobas (at last count).there are some that are spoken for,but depending on what you may need,i might be able to help.i know the last time i was out there he had 3 78-79s and 2 magnums.if you have any questions or problems ,let me know.i may be able to help. i will be watching lol. you have a great foundation to work with, make us proud !!!. my original drivetrain is a 360/904/8 1/4.buckets,console,power windows,tilt wheel,black on black on black ,dual sport mirrors .XS22 charger se, i would post some pics ,but im not trying to threadjack you! lol have fun with it!

-
Back