2 cars with sequential VIN?

-

TylerW

Reaction score
Just curious if anyone has physically seen two vehicles that were next to each other in the VIN sequence?

Barring that...confirmed to have been built in the same plant on the same day.

have several groups of 1970 dart swinger 340's with numbers consecutive. have 2 car built same day 2 numbers apart

The guy that I sold my 440 Sixpack Superbee to found the next car made in sequence to it. I was told that it was optioned similarly. If I remember correctly, he said it's in Kansas.

back in 87 a guy I worked with got a new mustang gt. I liked it and bought one a month later. They were 1 digit apart in seq numbers, even the wheel locks were the same. I have two 67 barracuda 383 cars in my registry that are a digit apart.

Not Mopars but identical twins with consecutive serial numbers. They were purchased years apart by a friend (who died at the local drag strip) and were sold after his passing but kept together. tmm

Attachments

• 1176381_10151887034492498_106989458_n.jpg
    45 KB · Views: 311
Not Mopars but identical twins with consecutive serial numbers. They were purchased years apart by a friend (who died at the local drag strip) and were sold after his passing but kept together. tmm

WOW! 2 Talledegas! Add a couple of Cyclones and a few Superbirds and Daytonas and you've got the real dream team!

I have 2 '69 coronets that are sequential cars.
One is a fairly plain jane dark green 318 column auto 4 door Coronet 440, and the other one is a light green 318 console auto 2 door coronet 500 that was pretty loaded up.
I think they came from the same dealership, but i'm not positive.
They both have the same scheduled production build dates from the same factory.
Both cars are parts cars now, and i have what's left of the bodies and i also still have the fender tags.

I've seen them that way before. The exact same, slight difference, 1 bare bones the other fully optioned. The exact opposite is the weirdest to look at.

In my register of 1965 Dartchargers there is two convertibles built Jan 27 th 1965. Two numbers apart! My in Sweden and Al's in Victoria, BC, Canada and both built in Los Angeles!

Another one of our members has two sequential numbered 76 valiant police cars. IIRC it's A-38 valiant?? Both were for sale a bit ago.

Don't know how it was but on the line I work on thought the cars would come with vin in order, they do not, they are all over the place

On my prowler they are close but since they were built in the same plant as the viper they also share vin so numbers there are not always together

But consecutive numbers rare

Someone ,had great taste in Ford. 2 Talladegas? Mind blowingly awesome,T.M.M.!

Someone ,had great taste in Ford. 2 Talladegas? Mind blowingly awesome,T.M.M.!

The plain car was the tow car and the lettered car was the race car. The tow car was raced by his wife in ET class.
He also had this car which cost him his life. RIP Terry!

Attachments

• 985-Platt.jpg
    33.2 KB · Views: 142
  • 1017720_10151834848742498_886097802_n.jpg
    23.4 KB · Views: 147
-
Back