2 Part or Not 2 Part a '72 Valiant

2 Part or Not 2 Part '72 Valiant?

• Do I part the '72 Valiant?

Votes: 5 17.9%
  • Do I sell it as a roller, minus engine & trans?

Votes: 18 64.3%
  • Keep it for several more years in hopes of repairing it?

Votes: 5 17.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
-

oneway71

Reaction score
Ok I have realized I need to down size; I current projects I have include 12 vehicles, 2 tractors, 3 bikes, and I bought a house to fix up.

So I need to part with almost everything.

My question is Should I part the '72 Valiant or sell it as a roller, without motor/trans?

I parked the Valiant maybe 3 years ago because it needed brake and suspension work. I bought all new PST parts but never had a chance to repair it. The rails are good but the drivers floor needs a small repair. The lower quarter are yucky. The interior is decent for a daily driver; front seat recovered and rear seat good, dash good, pad bad. Windshield cracked.

Now I am going to put the rebuilt /6 and trans in a '73 Duster.
So what should I do with the car part or sell as a roller? What would you do?

All opinions are welcomed!

Attachments

• Comp0635 a.jpg
    92 KB · Views: 210
I say offer it for sale and if need be part it and nobody can say you didnt try to keep it in one piece. Being a slanty your value is in the new parts you have that you can offer with the car at an xtra cost to the buyer.

Thanks for the reply.

I like buying them and find it hard to get rid of them; I have kicked around the idea of selling this one for at least a year. I will be removing the engine/trans soon and listing it. I will be selling all my stuff except the Duster this engine is going in and the B body.

One of those bikes doesn't happen to be a circa 70's Honda cb550 does it?

Yes Honda's are my favorite bike; although I find myself with only one Honda 85 Rebel and 2 Yami's xs400's.

Great looking Swinger. That's what mine would look like if it weren't in primer.

I say try to sell it first but be prepared to nearly give it away.

Once you work through the "If only I was closer" and "If only it was a 2dr" crowds you'll be lucky to get $200 for it.

Not to be cynical but I've been there several times. People think 4 doors are amusing or sorta cool as long as they aren't the one having to buy one.

Good luck..try to save it.

don't hate me but scrap is up, strip if down of all the sell-able parts and load it up with all the scrap metal you can find and haul it to the crusher. (make sure to take the tires off and remove/punch hole in gas tank so it is a "prepared car")

looks too nice to part to me. try to sell it first, parting it will take time that you need for your house. throw it on ebay with a starting bid that you need and no reserve. hopefully someone will snatch up a nice little project car. if all else fails then i would say part it before scrapping it.

don't hate me but scrap is up, strip if down of all the sell-able parts and load it up with all the scrap metal you can find and haul it to the crusher. (make sure to take the tires off and remove/punch hole in gas tank so it is a "prepared car")

I just did a mini van and got nearly $600 for it; and to top it off the scrapper is just a few miles from me.

I couldn't bring myself to crush it. I enjoy these cars way too much.

hey oneway: before its gone. can you snap a few picts of how the hood latch, support piece and radiator support are mounted? I'd appreciate it. I'm trying to bolt together a 72 duster nose and need some reference picts. thanks. sorry about hijacking the thread.

Yes I can. Tomorrow morning I will have some time to snap the pics for you.

-
Back