2 Post Lift

-

superchargeddrt

Reaction score
Hi Guys,
Well the concrete crew is here and to my surprise they agreed to make the concrete thicker where my lift would be NO CHARGE! They said that they do it all of the time and that they just need the dimensions as to where the posts would sit. My question to the Mopar community is what lift are you using and have there been any problems. Thank You FABO for all of your help.

Glenn

Hi Guys,
Well the concrete crew is here and to my surprise they agreed to make the concrete thicker where my lift would be NO CHARGE! They said that they do it all of the time and that they just need the dimensions as to where the posts would sit. My question to the Mopar community is what lift are you using and have there been any problems. Thank You FABO for all of your help.

Glenn

I've got a atlas 10,000 lb commerical. Had it 4 years, works flawless, no issues. Only thing I can say is that your concrete has to cure some 30 days prior to installing your lift.

this is mine

http://www.gregsmithequipment.com/Atlas-Apex-10-Plus

Well funny you asked, Im in So Cal, had my two post lift delivered, price was installed. Got concrete poured per installers spec. City would not sign off permit, concrete not thick enough, pad too small. Long story short, I do not have a lift at my house. :( Bend Pak XPR-9D. I sold it unused for 2 grand. In all honesty I think my neighbor complained about it. Did not want it to be installed, and they are rich. Hard to fight money. :burnout:MT

Well funny you asked, Im in So Cal, had my two post lift delivered, price was installed. Got concrete poured per installers spec. City would not sign off permit, concrete not thick enough, pad too small. Long story short, I do not have a lift at my house. :( Bend Pak XPR-9D. I sold it unused for 2 grand. In all honesty I think my neighbor complained about it. Did not want it to be installed, and they are rich. Hard to fight money. :burnout:MT

Were you installing it outside? Otherwise how would your nieghbor see it?

I've got a atlas 10,000 lb commerical. Had it 4 years, works flawless, no issues. Only thing I can say is that your concrete has to cure some 30 days prior to installing your lift.

Not true about the 30 days. Cure the slab for a minimum of 7 days and then install the lift. Then wait another 3 weeks before using it to allow the slab to attain full design strength.

The actual weight of the lift equipment can easily be handled by the concrete after a 7 day cure.

I'm only offering this advice in case it will help any of you get your lift in.

i looked at the greg smith racks, and after thinking how i also wanted to be able to put my Cummins on it i spent $2859 from Summit Racing for a Bendpak XPR-10A delivered to the house. it's certified and a name brand with tons of history for just a few bucks more than the greg smith 10k unit. will they both do the same thing ? sure, but for a few bucks more i went with the bendpak. it's been up for a few weeks now and it'll make an old man young again :D
Ku9Iuov.jpg

Were you installing it outside? Otherwise how would your nieghbor see it?
My car shop is mostly outdoors covered by a open sided structure. I live near San Diego Ca. In front of the garage area, not large enough to get a car in, is where the lift was going. Busy body neighbor. :burnout:MT

Not true about the 30 days. Cure the slab for a minimum of 7 days and then install the lift. Then wait another 3 weeks before using it to allow the slab to attain full design strength.

The actual weight of the lift equipment can easily be handled by the concrete after a 7 day cure.

I'm only offering this advice in case it will help any of you get your lift in.

just looked in my instructions......they say 28 days before installation. pretty close with a 30 day guess

i looked at the greg smith racks, and after thinking how i also wanted to be able to put my Cummins on it i spent $2859 from Summit Racing for a Bendpak XPR-10A delivered to the house. it's certified and a name brand with tons of history for just a few bucks more than the greg smith 10k unit. will they both do the same thing ? sure, but for a few bucks more i went with the bendpak. it's been up for a few weeks now and it'll make an old man young again :D
Ku9Iuov.jpg

Yeah, bendpaks are good too. I know ours has had an 8600 lbs 05 1 ton dually on it for a couple months now as we work on it. I've had no issues lifting our 3 cummins trucks, all weighing over 7500 lbs, over the last 4 years.

And you are right, I wished we'd had it 10 years sooner

By the way, How far did any of you put the lift post from the wall and did you center them from front to back?

our shop is a 40 by 80, We put ours dead center, 20 ft from the front, 20 from the rear wall and about 6 feet from the side wall. Gives us plenty of room, even with extend cab, long bed trucks

Ammco 9K from Napa about 14yrs ago. Cost about $3200 installed. I've had 1000's of vehicles on it ranging from mostly Cummins trucks, to VW TDIs, to my Dart, and now working on an OD trans build for a friends Duster.
The lift spent the first 5 yrs outside, then moved indoor. I have it serviced every few years to make sure its safe and in good working order.
Haven't had too much go wrong, other than replacing the rubber pads every so often(under $200), some of the guides in one post broke, so had those replaced, and they had to tear one post apart, about $800, and the hydraulic reservoir finally needed to be replaced as it developed a leak. Most likely from the years outside in the Phoenix sun.

This is right when I put it in the new building, so almost 10yrs later, its still doing its job everytime I ask it. The shop is nowhere near that empty now, or that clean, haha. Always something going on, and a million parts from many projects I've done over the years.

Atlas 2 post and 4 post...

Currently got my 1999 Dodge 1500 on the two post....

Attachments

• IMG_1331.jpg
    43 KB · Views: 584
just looked in my instructions......they say 28 days before installation. pretty close with a 30 day guess

Well, I am a professional engineer and I stand by what I said. 28 days is to use it to lift a vehicle, but the lift can be installed on 7 day concrete. See the chart to understand that at 7 days, the concrete has about 60% of the 28 day strength. So for 4,000 psi concrete, it would have 2,400 psi strength at 7 days. Assume if you will that the lift equipment weighs 2,400 pounds and all of it would sit on the slab on just 1 square inch, the slab could carry it right on day 7 after it was poured. But the equipment will probably occupy closer to 2 to 4 square feet, so at that point, the slab at 7 days can carry 690,000 to 1.4 million pounds on that footprint. Of course if you start getting up to these weights, you have bending and tension forces to worry about beyond just compressive force, but the lifts won't weigh anywhere near this range.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    15.7 KB · Views: 589

this is mine

http://www.gregsmithequipment.com/Atlas-Apex-10-Plus
If that were true it would take me over 5 years to put up a 50 floor building , , I usually pour a floor every 4 days , strip and re-shore after 28 hours start next floor day after the pour . Your good to install lift after 4 days or less depending on concrete used .

I bought a Eagle 10k certified lift. We bought 4 of them at one time and paid $2150.00 ea. I installed it my self with the help of my son-in-law. It really was pretty easy. I did buy a 3 piece front arm lift which is handy on small stuff. I over poured the concrete to 12" thick and 4' x 8' under where the two post were going. So far it has worked great.

If that were true it would take me over 5 years to put up a 50 floor building , , I usually pour a floor every 4 days , strip and re-shore after 28 hours start next floor day after the pour . Your good to install lift after 4 days or less depending on concrete used .

Im simply going off the instructions folks, if you do it sooner that's fine. It's not something I worried much about as the current shop floor is almost 20 years old. The new shop I'm building, I'm in no hurry so I'll wait probably more than 30 days simply because I'm only working on the building myself on the occasional weekend.

Im simply going off the instructions folks, if you do it sooner that's fine. It's not something I worried much about as the current shop floor is almost 20 years old. The new shop I'm building, I'm in no hurry so I'll wait probably more than 30 days simply because I'm only working on the building myself on the occasional weekend.

I'm with you, I waited 30 days to set it up. I wasn't in any hurry.

Got a Gemini 2 post 10K made in Texas and parts are available from Texas.

No complaints after 8 years

Do you really want to stand underneath a car on lift made in china?

What's under the concrete almost never comes up in these discussions. It makes a difference.

-
Back