2008 Get together NY-CT-MA area

-
tom340,

That would be great - you have a date in mind? Maybe the 1st Sat in June... or?

Kory

Kory Im not quite sure myself if they even dropped the whole plan. I'm constantly poking around the site & finding new stuff here. Thread was @ 2 months dormant. I agree, would be great. Hopefully can be planned out not to conflict with Carlisle weekend 'cause thats where I'll be. Maybee June 21 or 28th? Could give some guys heads up for planning. Hey Adam :) how many bedrooms ya have?

Hell, this has been on hold to long.

Call a date and time and we'll show.

Saturdays are very good due to not having to hurry out of work and hustle over a alllready clocged bridge and fight on through to M/D. Something I never drove to. (EEEEEEKKKKK!!!!!!!!!)

Well, thats a trip but with plenty of notice!

I'll second that. Let's just pick a weekend already? If it fizzles out, we'll plan another. The season is early guys.....
Im thinking how about Saturday June 21st? Jim from Southworths Chrysler in New Milford ('70 duster) is sponsering a carshow I think on June 28th. Im sure he would like to get his Duster down to Marcus for this. This would give us just over 3 full weeks to plan. I hope we can get a shitload of cars together for this!

Penned in, though I may not show up in an "A" body.

Sounds like a plan to me. I wanted to do something bigger but my work schedule and other obligations have pretty much killed that idea.

Here we go.....

I'm in Florida the weekend of the 21 st. My Sister is getting married....

BTW: Any members in the Homasassa area?

Adam,

I have no idea how many folks woild come to Marcus but do you think this is something we need to tell them (car club at Marcus) about?

Kory

I think if you tell them they save a section for you but I dont think we will have that many cars for it to matter.

Saving a few spots is definitely a good idea. Adam I'll need a handfull of FABO cards to pass along at Carlisle too.

I'm in on the 21st. Southworth Chrysler is planning a show for all makes on Sat. July 5th ending with the New Milford Fireworks Display. Our lot is the prime spot to park and watch. Jim Williams

Are we going to have a general meet in Carlise?

I'll try to get to wherever, but man, what was supposed to be a dead year seems awfully busy

Are we going to have a general meet in Carlise?
I noticed at Carlisle quite a few online forums and clubs set up tents. I think the A body section was the only area lacking a specific club tent..at least from what I could remember. An FABO spot might be a novel idea?? Would make it pretty conspicuous place to have a general meet. Could sell some FABO T's, set up a grille. Maybe sell unauthorized parts too? lol . 2009?

Been watching this tread as this is what happens in the Midwest Region. Like Tom said. Pick a Mopar event already structured around your area and set up a base gathering spot for all to meet. Take a big *** BBQ grill and do the chicken wings and brauts and burgers and have those that come do a little chippin in to cover the grub and drinks. The Midwest group have started setting up at Monster Mopar Weekend in St Louis and theres no reason the guys in the west couldn't do the same at an event in their area. Get you a big FABO banner made up and hang out your shingle. The only stipulation in St Louis is that you can't serve food. You can cook and eat for your own gang but you cant sell any. When you buy and pay for 8 swap meet spaces the guy that runs it in St Louis trys to bend over to make you happy. We had the most spaces of any and all vendors last year and i don't expect that to change. Now your wondering who pays for the spaces. I do to make it available to FABO members. It aint cheap but my fun is priceless. Hope it works out for ya.
Small Block

I'll have my Dart in the A body section with my 10 year old son. We'll have one of those $100 tent things from Walmart set up so we can get out of the sun, and we'll be flippin some burgers & dogs for survival. Anyone is welcome to stop by and chill out in the shade. I don't know how to let you all know who I am, other than the fact that I'll probably have the only gold 69 Swinger 340 at the fairgrounds. Last year I didn't see one gold 69 Dart.

George

Well if it is after aug. 15 I am in ! I will be at the tuned by tuna show with the shriners scamp ! anythiing before that I will not be able to attend but anything after that will be do-able.

-
Back