200R4 update

-
i agree that the wait sucks, but it is a custom order. thats why he charged your card right away. it does sound like he needs to hire someone with better phone manners tho.

Alright, Art called last week and said everything was shipped. He asked if I wanted him to email me tracking info, and I said yes. The next day I ordered the crank pulley from March Performance, since I keep forgetting that I need it. Later that day my phone beeped and it was an email with tracking info ..... from March Performance. I never got the email from Art, but assuming he did as he said, I expect to see the transmission and parts on Monday or Tuesday at the latest. I will take pics and let you know if it arrives.

Oh yeah, tax season is here. So who is also goin the 200R4 route (doesn't have to come from art Carr though)?

I am. I am going with a wilcap adapter and extreme automatics. Ordered on January 18th, adapter came on Feb. 1 and tranny will be here end of week.

I am. I am going with a wilcap adapter and extreme automatics. Ordered on January 18th, adapter came on Feb. 1 and tranny will be here end of week.

Can you post any pictures od th adpter.

I want to see how these installs go. If I like it ill go that direction also. I have a friend that will do a trans for me.

sweet... we are gonna need some detailed pics of the install process... :)

think maybe the adapter plate could be cut down some so its not just a huge square and to make a little more room??

sweet... we are gonna need some detailed pics of the install process... :)

think maybe the adapter plate could be cut down some so its not just a huge square and to make a little more room??

When I asked wilcap about there adaptor, they stated theirs is already shaped/cut down.

Good luck with the instal, if I ever went with an od trans the gm trans route I think I go with, Mopar OD trans seems too big and computer control, yuck

I might have went with ATI trans thou but so what, you got your stuff and hopefully its done right. You always can hacksaw the adapter to size

The Wilcap is cut down. It is way more money and was 3 weeks out. Not that that mattered in the end. This is from TCI. I will test fit it all on the engine hoist, mark it, remove it and cut it then. I have to make a new crossmember. I am thinking angle iron, cut and bend to the shape I want, then do a reverse one to match and weld them together. I will take a lot of pics as things progress.

Seems like a ton of metal left on that TCI plate... Makes it look like a mid plate on a race car.
Who's done these swaps? Aside from the new mount fabrication, what floor mods are needed (if any)?

Seems like a ton of metal left on that TCI plate... Makes it look like a mid plate on a race car.
Who's done these swaps? Aside from the new mount fabrication, what floor mods are needed (if any)?

they are saying no floor mods need to be made. guess we will see soon enough.. :)

One of the main reasons I went this way was because no floor mods are needed. I am putting in a floor shifter, so I will have to cut a hole, but if I stayed with column shift no cutting needed. The only hassle will be the cross member, but that will be pretty simple. The car is still in storage so I haven't measured yet, but I am told the 200R4 is much shorter than the 904 so I will need yet another driveshaft made. I'm going to have to have a driveshaft garage sale soon.

The crankshaft pulley arrived from March Performance. When I went to see if it looked right and everything lined up, I realized I don't have a water pump pulley other than the one currently on my 318. I found one on eBay and ordered it. I hope it all lines up. It may need a spacer according to March. Today I also ordered the 1 5/8 - 1 3/4 step headers from TTi. I decided not to use the 1 7/8 on their recommendation. I will get more torque from the step headers, and I don't have enough hp to need the 1 7/8. They tell me if I was 650hp or more they would be better, but a 500hp I am better off with the step headers. I went for ceramic with the thermal coating but decided not to go polished.

The install date is set for two weeks from tomorrow. I can't wait. I am bringing the motor to the shop next week to bolt up the motor and tranny and mark the adapter plate for cutting. I don't know if I am going to use a plasma cutter or a band saw. It's about 7/8" thick.

Okay. Here is the latest. The transmission and all adapter plates and accessories are here. I brought the motor to the shop the other day. Later that day I drove the Dart down but the fan blade broke on the way and I had to have it towed the rest of the way. Today I drove down to the cities and brought the TTi headers, motor mounts, floor shifter, line locks, mini starter, distributor, MSD ignition, carb, crank and water pump pullies, and turn signal switch to the shop. Everything is good to go except for the damn fan. Looking at it on a hoist and taking a few quick measurements, our first thoughts are this:

The centerlines on the two trannys are different. The 200R4 is wider as well and may contact the tunnel side. The crossmember sits 4-5 inches short for the tranny mount. If we reverse the mount we gain about 3 inches. What this means is that instead of fabricating a whole new crossmember, we may be able to weld a plate onto the existing one to hold the mount. That is a good thing. Of course all the cooler lines need to be redone. We are going to slide the motor and tranny in and check angles and clearances. I am thinking we may need to move it down and back an inch to clear, but that's just eyeballing it. I think I will go down one night this week and pull the motor and transmission so we can get a good jump on it a week from tomorrow. I will take pics and keep posting as progress is made.

Motor from all four sides
View attachment 408 Stroker.jpg
View attachment 408 Stroker 1.jpg
View attachment 408 Stroker 2.jpg
View attachment 408 Stroker 3.jpg

Had to deliver it in a Mopar!
View attachment 408 Stroker hauled by Ram.jpg

200R4 transmission
View attachment 200R4.jpg
View attachment 200R4 - 1.jpg

Adapter plate and accessories
View attachment Adapter plate and accessories.jpg