2012 Ram sport

-

USCG CHARGER

Reaction score
I seriously thinking of trading my 06 charger in for a new Ram sport quad cab 2wd loaded. I can get a smoking deal through USAA which is approx 9K off MSRP. The ram gets about the same MPG as my charger and I really need a truck. Over the past 5 yrs I have had to borrow trucks to ship stuff, tow my Dart around, move, etc.. I just hate the fact that I'd be getting into a 30K car note. I really like the new ram sports with the Challenger hoods, very sharp looking. I was alos looking at GMC and Chebby! Yikes! Any of you guys loving ur Ram trucks or wishing you would have waited or went another route?

Jason

I've got a 2011 Hemi Ram 1500 4X4 Quad Cab Big Horn, (that's a mouthful) with a 6' 2" box. I love it as far as driving it. Very comfortable and gobs of power when I want it. A real big improvement over the 1998 Ram 4X4 it replaced. The only thing I have noticed that I don't like is, it is not as much a truck as the old one. It doesn't have that truck feel to it if you know what I mean.

Jack

how about a trailer instead. most pick-up's run around empty 95% of the time. they are a lot less expensive.!!!!!!!

Hey Jason,

I have a 2010 Ram Sport Hemi and absolutely love it. This is my 5th Ram Sport since 1997. My last was a 2005 and I really did not want to trade that truck as I loved it too. But let me tell you the new Gen Ram is in a whole different league. It is way better than the previous gen. The ride is smoother and quieter. The stereo/GPS system is one of the best out their. The Hemi is up on power and gets 18 MPG on the freeway (without Kicking the Hemi too much). The interior is now best in class. My GM and Ford buddies use to make fun of the interior of my previous Rams. Now when they get in they can not stop talking about how nice it is and how GM/Ford has cheapened their interiors.

All I can say is that Chrysler hit a home run with the new generation of Ram trucks. I use mine as a daily driver and to pull my trailers and for my farm as well. Could not be happier.

Ma Snart

A few pictures of my Ram and the last one of my 2005 Ram just before I sold it - Hemi Power!!!

Attachments

• DSC06978.jpg
    67.2 KB · Views: 698
  • DSC04544.jpg
    70.8 KB · Views: 654
  • DSC03700.jpg
    101.9 KB · Views: 668
  • DSC06108.jpg
    73.9 KB · Views: 658
  • 10 RAM Three Quarter View #2JPG.jpg
    80.9 KB · Views: 669
  • 10 RAM Side View #1.jpg
    116.5 KB · Views: 686
  • 2005 Ram Burnout.jpg
    72.4 KB · Views: 650
I have a 1011 Ram Laramie and absolutely love it, it replaced the 99 Ram I had for 12 years. Go for it !!!

Attachments

• truck.jpg
    116.9 KB · Views: 623
I know it's nice having a brand new rig but if you don't want that 30k loan, go find something a few years old with low miles.

I will never buy a new car again.

My latest car had 60k miles when I got it. New price would have been $39,000. I let some other sucker eat the the Deprecation.

I was happy only paying $14,000.

Attachments

• 7056731_3.jpg
    75 KB · Views: 600
  • 7056731_2.jpg
    69.4 KB · Views: 613
I hate to admit it. I am always hauling building materials - 2x4/6/8s 10/12' footers, 4x8 sheet goods, motors, car parts (picked up a Duster hood in Fargo), and I use my old Caravan ES (extended). There is nothing more satisfying than sliding in 10 sheets of drywall right off the lumber cart at the store, and 20x 10'ers all the way to the front, looking at the guy next to me struggling to lift his stuff into the box (or over the tailgate) and watch his reaction as I whip it all in, close the door and drive off :)

As much as I hate it, I love it, and since I'm not a "truck" guy, I can live with the stereotypical soccer dad tag I'm given.

Grant

everytime I think about getting a new one I say I can buy lots of gas for what it would cost me to trade my 1998 V-10 dually which has 150,000 mi and has never been back to dealer since new. It averages about 11 mpg and will pull anything you hook to it. I have even hooked tag-a-long and John Deere 650G dozier behind it a couple times which probably weighed around 30,000 lb. I had the first 1994 V-10 that was destroyed in tornado and liked it so well I bought another just like it escept they changed transmission which I don't like as well. Both automatics. I am changing oil today and it never uses any between 5,000 mi changes.

I have a 2012 Ram Hemi Sport with the Rally hood, I traded my 2009 Challenger R/T on it and get way more use out of the truck. Had the Challenger since Dec of 2008 and as of Sept of 2011 it only had 4k miles on it. The truck has over 3k on it already.

Thanks for all the replies guys. I'm really digging the new Ram Sport trucks.. White with black SRT10 wheels! My Charger has been great but a truck is what I need if I'm going to continue to mess with these old cars and buy and sell parts. I guess I want my cake and eat it too. If I'm going to get rid of my Charger and replace it with the Ram as a daily driver then I want exactly what I want... The exact options, interior, colors etc... that's what it's hard to get a used truck to meet this criteria.

Love my '11 Ram r/t. Rides better then the '08 I had but does squad a bit more when towing with it. The other draw back on anything '11 and newer is Mopar decided to lock the ecms and nobody has been able to crack the code and Mopar is not trying to help aftermarket. Only other bad thing(but r/t only) is not very fuel efficent on highway with the 4.10 gears

20a76d6e.jpg

e3571dec.jpg

20158f10.jpg

Troy

I know it's nice having a brand new rig but if you don't want that 30k loan, go find something a few years old with low miles.

I will never buy a new car again.

My latest car had 60k miles when I got it. New price would have been $39,000. I let some other sucker eat the the Deprecation.

I was happy only paying $14,000.
Now thats gonna haul a car and trailer real far :banghead:

Gas is cheaper to buy but the next truck I buy will be a diesel powered one. They are great for towing/hauling and the diesel can run on biofuel that you can make at home for cheap.

I purchased a 2011 Ram sport. 15,000 off the MSRP full load. I Love it.

If you're constantly hauling stuff then save yourself the money for gas and overall ownership and buy a cummins that will easily last 500,000 miles and still keep kicking. My girlfriends uncle has a 2011 Mega cab cummins that gets 34 mpg city AND highway mix. Mostly city. Save the environment, save your wallet. Get a Cummins.

I have a 2010 Crew.... beautiful truck... I hate it..... rattles, I think the dash is going to fall out, the worst truck i have ever owned... It has 13,300 miles on it, I try not to drive it......
IMG_0060.jpg

seriously Mark? My charger dash rattles and I hate it.. tell me more about what u don't like about it? That concerns me b/c that is what i didn't want... I hate rattles.. I put the best sound deadner in my Dart just to prevent it..lol

seriously Mark? My charger dash rattles and I hate it.. tell me more about what u don't like about it? That concerns me b/c that is what i didn't want... I hate rattles.. I put the best sound deadner in my Dart just to prevent it..lol

This truck..... It runs fantastic ... more power than you would ever need, want in a truck, looks beautiful .... Cool Vanilla with a chocolate interior, center consel. the rattles makes me nuts. the dealership tries to find them but they think I'm crazy. I think the center cons is the problem.

Is your a short bed quad cab? what other options did you get? I priced the one I wanted out and it was 32K

I want to get one similar to this
http://www.dodgetalk.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=251252&d=1249103788

short box,quad cab, 6.5 box. full load. leather.no sunroof. I got it oct/11 MSRP was 50 and change canadian funds. I like the heated steering wheel, thought it was corny for an option...it's always on..lol the spray bedliner also came from factory, backup camera. tubular running boards. I cant wait to see with the cold seats in the summer, should be a cool option..

-
Back