2013 Mopar Nats Pictures

-
I think you meant Palmer Dodge in Indy (owned by Eldon Palmer, the driver of the famous 71 Challenger Pace Car that wrecked in the Indy 500)

Yep, Palmer Dodge....thanks for the jump start of the lld brain cells here!! Must be time to kill some more and delete some files!! Geof

Its black and i was pitted with the 66 Carolina Cuda, Palindrome 68 Cuda, that green duster with the 70's custom stripes and right down the line from Badlilred mike!!

Wish I would've known.. I would've stopped to say hello..

anyone know what year this thing is??

attachment.php

It is a Johnny Cash.
It is a 65 cab, hood,
68 grill, radiator support and bumper with a 71 bed.

Nice clean truck

Enjoyed meeting you Ma.

Thanks for the great picture array.

I know it takes a dedication of time.

Who's black dart was sitting next to the tent? The one that had the drag radials. That was one of my favorite cars
Those guys were from Florida. They had their trailer parked
in front of ours (HDK's) at the hotel too. Nice fellows.

attachment.php

The owner of this Superbird is one of the nicest people you will ever meet! He came over and offered to help out when the power steering pump went out on my Aspen and took me over to a garage to have the pulley taken off of my old pump and pressing it on the new one. Oreilly's couldn't get a pump for a 1976 Aspen until Monday at 10:30 but could get one for a 1980 Aspen Friday morning at 8:30.(it was Thursday evening at about 8:00pm)Thinking there should be no difference but there was a slight difference.....the 76 pressure line was a compression fit and the 80 is an "o" ring fit sooooo I called O'reilly's and he couldn't get one for about 3 days but would search other sources. Meanwhile Hutch found one online at Auto Zone just about a block off of Brice Road. I called to make sure they did really have it and they did! (luck) Couldn't drive the Aspen so it was the Superbird to the rescue! While checking out I heard the 'bird owner asking one of the employees if they sold carburetors and he said only edelbrock so I told him Jegs was just a block down the street. He said no way! I said sure Columbus is their home town, so we went to Jegs and killed 2 birds with 1 stone....and by the way he is NOT going to restore the 'bird cause it has too much history! I told him it was the coolest Taxi I ever had the pleasure of riding in.

The guy is original and genuine. My group met him at Farmington and he came up at the NATS and called my buddy by name. He came to the Holiday Inn Express where were staying on Brice and hung out in the parking lot. We were talking about the rain and he laughed and said "I got my car detailed for free today'' LMFAO !!!! When they a passed us on the interstate he gave us a big wave and away they went. A great guy and I respect him for not restoring the car. It will never be like that again.There are lots of great people in the Mopar hobby that would help you out like that and he is a shining example! tmm

Attachments

• IMG_0164 15%.jpg
    47.7 KB · Views: 372
  • IMG_0162 15%.jpg
    59.7 KB · Views: 362
Enjoyed meeting you Ma.

Thanks for the great picture array.

I know it takes a dedication of time.

I enjoyed meeting you as well. I was not able to spend much time at the tent to talk more with you all this year, but next year I plan to make it a three day event and bring my fish.

Glad you enjoyed the pictures. Makes the time well spent...

Ma Snart

Attachments

• DSC00601.jpg
    74.9 KB · Views: 352
My wife and I were there. first time for both us. drove the dart there with some other friends in there tubbed 440 '68 baraccuda fastback. it had 100 miles on the rebuild motor and it ran great. We did blow a front tire but hey what can you do.

i decided to have the dart judged. didn't place but we where there to have fun. We'll go back again next year.

Attachments

• IMG_20130809_150024_300.jpg
    65 KB · Views: 332
  • IMG_20130809_132742_571.jpg
    69.6 KB · Views: 324
  • IMG_20130809_144528_021.jpg
    66.1 KB · Views: 321
  • IMG_20130809_132755_654.jpg
    75.7 KB · Views: 330
It is a Johnny Cash.
It is a 65 cab, hood,
68 grill, radiator support and bumper with a 71 bed.

Nice clean truck

Thank you for clearing that up for me and Joe, It had me stumbled :thumblef:

My wife and I were there. first time for both us. drove the dart there with some other friends in there tubbed 440 '68 baraccuda fastback. it had 100 miles on the rebuild motor and it ran great. We did blow a front tire but hey what can you do. .

Wow! that is great looking Dart, 7374. Hope we can meet up next year.

My brother and I spent a good part of our time in the swap meet. Did not find anything we needed (or didn't need but really wanted worse than our money - LOL!).

I did score a new (for me) 2 row IH corn planter from my brother's farm. It just fit in the bed of the RAM for the ride home to Wisconsin. Next year I will use it to put out sweet corn which I have not raised for many years.

Sweet corn party at my farm next year!

Ma Snart

Attachments

• DSC02263.JPG
    112.5 KB · Views: 296
Sounds like you guys had a great time. When I win the lotto............

Great job on the pics guys, really enjoyed them since I couldn't make up there this year.

Well, first of all, I almost didn't make it out there. I had just put the TH400 back into my R30 454 Dually. Added A deep pan and a temp gauge. About 80 miles out from my place as I started to hit some hills, the trans gauge was hitting the max 300 DEG!!. Trailer and car weigh about 8K. Pulled over for about an hour for it to cool. Pulled the ATF stick, and I could smell the fluid burning!! Pulled into an Advance Store in Hagerstown Md and bought A drain pan, a funnel, and a case of ATF. Changed the fluid right there on the lot. Back on the road for about 40 mins , when again it's gettin too hot. Pull over on the interstate for an hour for it to cool off. I decide, the only way to keep it cooler is to add another exterior trans cooler. So I pull into another Advance in Frostburg and buy a big trans cooler and more fluid. I pull into a motel parking lot and proceed to pull the headlight doors and grille out of the truck. With the limited tools I had in the trailer, I Mc Gyvered the trans cooler in series with the existing one there. Reassemble truck. There I notice low tire on the trailer. So I look to get my tire gauge. Guess what?? No tire gauge!! Went into Gas Station, Dollar Store, Roses Store. No Gauge!! Finally a girl working at Roses , gives me a gauge out of her car!!. First station I stop at, air doesn't work!! Back on Interstate to next truck stop to get air for trailer. Now, I left my place around 10am , and I figuered about 8hrs to Columbus. It is now 8pm , and I haven't even left Md or hit the big hills on I68 and I79!! At one point, I thought very seriously about stopping at a Dodge Dealer and buying a Cummins deisel Dodge!!! LOL Now its dark and raining. Trans will now run around 225 - 230 . We drive untill 12;45 am to get to Zanesville where we stop for the night at some Dive!!! Only place with vacancy. Get up at 6am Friday to get to National Trail by 830am. Left the Nats on Sunday around 3pm after changing FLAT TIRE. Drove to Martinsville Va and spent the night. Just as Insurance, before I hit the big hills again, I stopped and changed the ATF one more time, and the engine oil. Got home safely. I am extremely proud proud of my wife Sue for her patience and understanding through this ordeal. She did read almost two books during the intermissions!! LOL

Now for the good news!! We had a great time in Ohio. Met lots of nice people including those from FBBO and FABO. The Road Runner was judged 3rd in event. In the class of 68-70 B body O.E. restoration. This included both Dodge and Plymouth. I was very happy with that outcome, considering that I already knew of at least 4 or 5 items that they would get me on. 1st place was a beautiful and perfect 68 Red Hemi Charger. Second place was a just as nice Maroon 68 GTX. Both cars were previous winners. Got over to the swap area to the FBBO meet and greet. Bought two great fenders for the new GTS project.Watched drag racing, ate food , drank Beer, and just had a great time!! The way I figure : $700 in fuel, $400 in hotels, $150 at Advance Auto, $300 in food. 1 third place plaque ----- PRICELESS

Almost forgot. The photographer from Mopar Collectors Guide approached me and wanted to do a photo shoot of the car. Maybe we'll see it in the Mag sometime in the future!!

Attachments

• 016.jpg
    66 KB · Views: 287
  • 011.jpg
    69 KB · Views: 274
  • 024.jpg
    63 KB · Views: 269
  • 036.jpg
    85.4 KB · Views: 276
  • 043.jpg
    80.1 KB · Views: 275
  • 012.jpg
    55.3 KB · Views: 283
  • 006.jpg
    88.3 KB · Views: 279
  • 001.jpg
    84 KB · Views: 296
  • 002.jpg
    76.3 KB · Views: 275
wow that sure is a nice red dart in the background of this picture...... wait that's mine.....

Attachments

• BACKGROUND.jpg
    55.3 KB · Views: 270
Mitch, many congrats on taking 3rd at the show, and for the Mopar Collectors Guide shoot.. I do hope the Roadrunner ends up in the magazine... I went over and looked at it and man pictures dont do her justice.. Thats one pretty car. Also it was great meeting you at the FBBO meet and greet (of course at that time I didnt realize you were over here on FABO as well) ...The pic your wife took turned out great.

Hope you come again next year, and we all get to meet up again.. Maybe next time share a couple cold ones.. I am already planning to bring the Dart next year.. Gonna be a great time... Take care

wow that sure is a nice red dart in the background of this picture...... wait that's mine.....

LOL .. I checked out your Dart as well.. its one sweet ride... You ever come down to Norwin Hills in Irwin for their Saturday car shows?

no never made it their but if you tell me where it is i'll go. sounds like somewhere on 30?

no never made it their but if you tell me where it is i'll go. sounds like somewhere on 30?

It is indeed on 30.... I would have to know which way your coming from (turnpike, 48, 30 etc) .. I will PM ya later after I get off work

Hate that I missed the Nats this year. Always go to the Chrysler Nationals in Carlisle, PA, but had the chance to go the Nats last year and it was great. Some amazing Mopars there. Hope to get back next year (maybe with my project Dart).

Yeah it Happens..... i Try Not To Get To Excited About Preseason......

-
Back