• J par - hard to beat a guy that has 4 of everything

Votes: 6 12.5%
  • Jadaharabi - are you kidding me? this guy is working on a stock eliminator

Votes: 23 47.9%
  • 318willrun - no plan, other than brain cramps thinking of one

Votes: 19 39.6%

• Total voters
-
J par, I love your car, I really do. And you have some really cool stuff going on with it, and I mean that. And I'm not bragging at ALL, but you are going to be offended at my next statement, because you will take it wrong. I mean it to be constructive, I really do, so here it goes:
  • You are the only person I know (and I know a lot of racers) and perhaps the only one on this site with a stroker motor built up like yours with 3.54's at mid 12's.
  • I am the only person that most know, or heard of, that has a stock 360 with stock converter with 2.94's going lower 13's.
  • my point is you keep trying to educate me on racing, and I think i probably have 25 years of racing on you, including driving, and tuning. The above two statements prove that. I wish I could help you....
#1- "I know a lot of racers"..(are you and YR related?)..lol...
No offense at all! LOL having the only car with 354's doing 12's makes me special!!!
#2 careful patting yourself on the back so hard you might hurt your wrist...
#3 25 more years experience and you're still going this slow....:poke:...
All right now if YR comes out here and starts busting are nuts about man love you taking the fall...
I like your duster a lot and everything you doing to it and it made my heart drop into my stomach to hear you're going to sell it...

#1- "I know a lot of racers"..(are you and YR related?)..lol...
No offense at all! LOL having the only car with 354's doing 12's makes me special!!!
#2 careful patting yourself on the back so hard you might hurt your wrist...
#3 25 more years experience and you're still going this slow....:poke:...
All right now if YR comes out here and starts busting are nuts about man love you taking the fall...
I like your duster a lot and everything you doing to it and it made my heart drop into my stomach to hear you're going to sell it...

I noticed something. About every 3rd post of yours mentions a man's groin or YR. eeeeeeeeeeeyyyyyaaaaaaa…… I'm trying to let that go

I knew a guy who had a big block Chevy who when he turned his air filter lid upside down he would do wheelies...

Somebody with some cash wants this. I have mixed feelings, I sure like it. We'll see if he likes it more, but this may be gone....
View attachment 1715406765
He's coming Tomorrow morning to look it all over "as a buyer". We'll see.... I wont' budge .05 cents. Hard to barter on a car that's "not for sale" :)

Last edited:
He's coming Tomorrow morning to look it all over "as a buyer". We'll see.... I wont' budge .05 cents. Hard to barter on a car that's "not for sale" :)
it'd be best to let him know ahead of time that there's going to be absolutely zero negotiation. It needs to be a yes or no...

it'd be best to let him know ahead of time that there's going to be absolutely zero negotiation. It needs to be a yes or no...
It's rollin' up on about 9 years I've known him. Honestly, when I quoted him a price, I was think'n we were jaw'n, I thought he was broke. I guess he is sitting pretty in the loan dept. LOL. I told him as a friend, never borrow for toys. He's not listening, he wanted a time and said he'll be there and he is sure he is going to want it.

I won't say zero negotiation. If I swap the Holley Double pumper for something else, I may knock a 100 off. And if he wants the original steel wheels/hub caps, I'll keep the dish mags and MT's for another 400.
**that 4779 Double Pumper is one of my favorite carbs, and I have this one tuned like fuel injection, and more responsive than FI.

not............ yet................. lol........ :)
LOL I like these clams, "better than fuel injection"...
Good Lord get the dougs headers so you don't have to buy another set... wait a minute having to take them out and put them in?.. forget it, putting them in is a pain enough...

318, do u think it will?
Yes. As stated from the 1st page of this thread, I was ready on day 1. As Jaba has stated, his car was in a million pieces. He has the motor/tranny in, now it's getting the rest rounded up and hooked up. Will we race A-bodies this year? I don't know, but that's look'n bleak at this point. Will we race A-bodies? yes, at some point. Jaba and I are in touch, phone calls, PM's here at the site, and meeting in person multiple times.

LOL I like these clams, "better than fuel injection"...
Good Lord get the dougs headers so you don't have to buy another set... wait a minute having to take them out and put them in?.. forget it, putting them in is a pain enough...
He is a hot rodder, so the Doug's will stay LOL.

Try and throw those heads in the deal so you can get some aluminum ones like me!..:thumbsup:...:rolleyes:...
Remember I told you a few post ago that I have no clue what will happen in my Hobby life in a week? If he buy this, and I go magnum in my '74, I'll have pushrods for a mag-to-LA ... extra parts again! :D

Your the one who called it a button. Are you now saying that you were mistaken? I wish you would make up your mind. :rofl:

-
Back