• J par - hard to beat a guy that has 4 of everything

Votes: 6 12.5%
  • Jadaharabi - are you kidding me? this guy is working on a stock eliminator

Votes: 23 47.9%
  • 318willrun - no plan, other than brain cramps thinking of one

Votes: 19 39.6%

• Total voters
-
It can't be! Don't you remember the video of yr running around the motor he built? The Exxon Valdez?!
it was just a thought, I never got to see YR's video and I can't find it

Can't catch a break...….. :BangHead:
So, I was blending the intake bowls, and buffing the casting on the exhaust bowls, and this remanufactured Odessa heads appears to have a cracked exhaust seat.
I can catch a finger nail on it. Doesn't appear to be the head, just the exhaust seat?

DSCN1324.JPG

DSCN1325.JPG

Bottom Picture shows the possibility of a flick???

So, I was blending the intake bowls, and buffing the casting on the exhaust bowls, and this remanufactured Odessa heads appears to have a cracked exhaust seat.
I can catch a finger nail on it. Doesn't appear to be the head, just the exhaust seat?

View attachment 1715266604

View attachment 1715266605
You mean that big flake that is going to go into your engine if you don't send then to me along with my intake?

I bet Odessa would fix that for free. The shipping would break the bank though.

I have a plasma cutter that can cut that right out of there.

You mean that big flake that is going to go into your engine if you don't send then to me along with my intake?

I bet Odessa would fix that for free. The shipping would break the bank though.

I have a plasma cutter that can cut that right out of there.

Probably be blown out the exhaust. Jerks my chain that I can catch this garbage but they didn't. These were fully assembled, ready to run. I didn't buy them from Odessa, but I got them 1/2 price from another member and they were new in the box. RATS !!!

Probably be blown out the exhaust. Jerks my chain that I can catch this garbage but they didn't. These were fully assembled, ready to run. I didn't buy them from Odessa, but I got them 1/2 price from another member and they were new in the box. RATS !!!
You got the box? And so you got the part number for Odessa. Give them a call tomorrow and have them send you an exhaust seat.

You got the box? And so you got the part number for Odessa. Give them a call tomorrow and have them send you an exhaust seat.
yeah, I have both boxes. Turns out both heads have the end exhaust seats that look like that. Am I missing something?? Supposed to be like this????

yeah, I have both boxes. Turns out both heads have the end exhaust seats that look like that. Am I missing something?? Supposed to be like this????
I suppose you may have missed something but you found it now. Tell them to send you two exhaust seats now.

I suppose you may have missed something but you found it now. Tell them to send you to exhaust seats now.
I'll need 4. Both heads. I'm suspect now of their junk. Wonder what quality of valves they used? break a valve and drop a head into a cylinder at 6k rpm's?
Maybe somebody else here has used these and can give a testimony. Perhaps I'll start a thread and see…...

I'll need 4. Both heads. I'm suspect now of their junk. Wonder what quality of valves they used? break a valve and drop a head into a cylinder at 6k rpm's?
Maybe somebody else here has used these and can give a testimony. Perhaps I'll start a thread and see…...
Call them. I don't want you sending me junk heads.

Low budget to me was knurl the guides, a gasket match and slight bowl cleanup, lap the **** out of the valves, springs and cam kit. good to go ! I sure miss the old make do days.

Low budget to me was knurl the guides, a gasket match and slight bowl cleanup, lap the **** out of the valves, springs and cam kit. good to go ! I sure miss the old make do days.
yeah, that's what I do. That's just about the jest of what my 318 is without the knurl. I mean, Cam, lifters all new delivered to ya door for 109.99 is about as budget as it gets... LOL.

This build is leaning towards basically a free junkyard bound 360, junkyard bound beat to death headers, a 25 dollar used MP Cam, used bearings and oil pump, but decent heads. This is the build I was leaning towards.

However, Ya Just can't make due if you might have found a fatal flaw. That's not making due, that's making dead ….. LOL

I know what you mean about things going bad unexpectedly. I just now replaced the battery in my phone. The lithium battery I pulled out of it is twice as thick as what it was supposed to be in the middle. At least it didn't catch fire.

What about those aluminum Speedmaster or whatever they were called heads that were on sale for less than 350 a piece.

I know what you mean about things going bad unexpectedly. I just now replaced the battery in my phone. The lithium battery I pulled out of it is twice as thick as what it was supposed to be in the middle. At least it didn't catch fire.

What about those aluminum Speedmaster or whatever they were called heads that were on sale for less than 350 a piece.
Yeah, they are lighter, not sure if they'd be better than the EQ's. EQ's are cheaper, and don't need as much prep work to run, at least that's the way I understand it

View attachment 1715266604

View attachment 1715266605

So the it seems some folks of experience here believe this to be a pin. It's how they fix cracks, and if done correct it's a ok thing. Well, cool, I may run with them and not look back.....

Have them pressure tested for piece of mind.
I could, and probably should. Odessa claims all are pressure tested and valve to seats are vacuum tested to ensure valve sealing.

The other thread ran it's due. The heads are fine (usable) as is. The pinning is a solid repair and while it's not my cup of tea for a seat repair, it is acceptable for a lower end rebuilder-type head.

The other thread ran it's due. The heads are fine (usable) as is. The pinning is a solid repair and while it's not my cup of tea for a seat repair, it is acceptable for a lower end rebuilder-type head.
I dropped off what I considered the "worse" head at a machine shop today. He didn't like how it could be snagged by the finger nail also, all the way across the seat. He is going to cut that seat out and try to install a new one - IF the crack allows for that. He thought there was weld with a pinning. We'll see.

Who makes that little jig for drilling the LA intake pattern on the magnum heads?
318 did you call odessa today?

Who makes that little jig for drilling the LA intake pattern on the magnum heads?
318 did you call odessa today?
Hughes ??

No. I've decided if I can't fix them right at the machine shop, I'll go a different route. A small hindrance, not a deal breaker.

Hughes ??

No. I've decided if I can't fix them right at the machine shop, I'll go a different route. A small hindrance, not a deal breaker.
hughes pretty much has all the money from me that he will ever get.
He does drill them was for $40 don't know how much now.
There is a company that makes jigs for differant things. Not just mopars.
I have some magnum heads that I want to change to LA pattern since you haven't shipped me my missing magnum air gap intake yet.

I have some magnum heads that I want to change to LA pattern since you haven't shipped me my missing magnum air gap intake yet.
LOL..... well, ya never know.....

I have some magnum heads that I want to change to LA pattern since you haven't shipped me my missing magnum air gap intake yet

BHJ Products makes a drilling jig part # MDF-1, but it is expensive.

-
Back