• J par - hard to beat a guy that has 4 of everything

Votes: 6 12.5%
  • Jadaharabi - are you kidding me? this guy is working on a stock eliminator

Votes: 23 47.9%
  • 318willrun - no plan, other than brain cramps thinking of one

Votes: 19 39.6%

• Total voters
-
I could, and probably should. Odessa claims all are pressure tested and valve to seats are vacuum tested to ensure valve sealing.
I put the heads on stands and fill the chambers with solvent. That's a good leak test.

I put the heads on stands and fill the chambers with solvent. That's a good leak test.
Well, when I do heads, I normally check the valves for sealing with alcohol and light. However, this is more about a repair breaking loose in a short time down the road. It's the repair I question, even if the valve is sealing.

Well, when I do heads, I normally check the valves for sealing with alcohol and light. However, this is more about a repair breaking loose in a short time down the road. It's the repair I question, even if the valve is sealing.
I wouldn't use those heads myself.

BHJ Products makes a drilling jig part # MDF-1, but it is expensive.
Thanks just what I was looking for.

A flat plate of metal a set of intake gaskets and a intake manifold and I think I can make my own jig plate. I'll name it JDF-1.

I have 3 sets of magnum heads. I don't know if they are cracked or not but your welcome to find out.

I have 3 sets of magnum heads. I don't know if they are cracked or not but your welcome to find out.
I have the set on my magnum on the stand as well. I was down at the machine shop this morning and talked with the guy in detail and in depth what the plan was. We'll see what they say....

I've got a pair of Magnum heads I was going to post in the fo'sail section. I mag'ed them no cracks. They have a 5 angle valve job and some basic port work. Come with all the valves, locks, retainers, rockers and hardware. I'd let 'em go dirt cheap, but I'm sure shipping would be a killer.

I've got a pair of Magnum heads I was going to post in the fo'sail section. I mag'ed them no cracks. They have a 5 angle valve job and some basic port work. Come with all the valves, locks, retainers, rockers and hardware. I'd let 'em go dirt cheap, but I'm sure shipping would be a killer.
Let's see what the machine shop says, and we'll go from there....

This is my sisters 70 1/2 ton. It was my dads and before him my granddads. It is my project at the moment.

29664933_1639960386093080_662425140681172064_o.jpg
1074929_986571258098666_6615378610566777651_o.jpg

Last edited:
This is my sisters 70 1/2 ton. It was my dads and before him my granddads. It is my project at the moment.

View attachment 1715268880
Looks solid! What's the "project" with it??

In the late 90's we had a '70 1/2 ton also. You won't find more room under a hood. I dropped headers in from the top like it was on the engine stand. I put a 340 in mine with a purple shaft. We took it on a 2k+ vacation and averaged 17 mpg at 65 mph (pretty much the speed limit back then on the interstates). I had a TQ/cast intake on top.

Jadaharabi Did you talk you sister into logging in here at FABO and voting? I see you gained one.... :D

No I didn't but it's an idea. I'm sure it is an intelligent individual who cares for the future of America and Mopars as a whole that voted for me. Or maybe not.
Dad and I replaced all rusty metal. Rebuilt a replacement engine and tranny and painted it just before he died.
Now little sister and I need to finish putting it all back together.
It has a 400 bb in place of the 383 it came with.
RRR is rebuilding a thermoquad for it.

Last edited:
Can't catch a break...….. :BangHead:
So, I was blending the intake bowls, and buffing the casting on the exhaust bowls, and this remanufactured Odessa heads appears to have a cracked exhaust seat.
I can catch a finger nail on it. Doesn't appear to be the head, just the exhaust seat?

View attachment 1715266604

View attachment 1715266605

Bottom Picture shows the possibility of a flick???
Alright, back on track. Head is back from the machine shop, they cut a seat out and inspected. Replaced the seat, said they thought the fixes were ok to go.

ONWARD WITH THE BUILD :thumbsup:

Last edited:
Alright, back on track. Head is back from the machine shop, they cut a seat out and inspected. Replaced the seat, said they thought the fixes were ok to go.

ONWARD WITH THE BUILD :thumbsup:

Happy New Years. To 318 and everybody else. Hope everybody has a good year and you get in some track time or behind the wheel of your Mopar time.

It's 2019...………………………….:steering::steering:

Last edited:
-
Back