• J par - hard to beat a guy that has 4 of everything

Votes: 6 12.5%
  • Jadaharabi - are you kidding me? this guy is working on a stock eliminator

Votes: 23 47.9%
  • 318willrun - no plan, other than brain cramps thinking of one

Votes: 19 39.6%

• Total voters
-
For you, It's made to order ! because I think you are the sleeper in this game, as in, you got my vote.
Sleeper ????? !!!!! Are you Kidding???? This mopar racer of the times has already stated he has a 8" converter, 4.88 gears, and the likings of a stock eliminator! LOL.... He's instructing machinist right here on this site on how to hold a motor together over 8000 rpm's by oiling mods.......... :eek::eek:

Myself and J par are underdogs for sure...…. :(

Sleeper ????? !!!!! Are you Kidding???? This mopar racer of the times has already stated he has a 8" converter, 4.88 gears, and the likings of a stock eliminator! LOL.... He's instructing machinist right here on this site on how to hold a motor together over 8000 rpm's by oiling mods.......... :eek::eek:

Myself and J par are underdogs for sure...…. :(
Many thing are against me.
1. I'm old.
2. I'm slow
3. I'm broke
4. It's cold out
5. I don't do body work
6. I love how my engine sounds at 7500
7. Competing against j par who could fall in a barrel of poo and come out smelling like fresh baked chocolate chip cookies. Amazing energy too.
8. and 318willreapthewirlwind, the tweaker, the tuner the guy that makes a stock duster run 70 muscle car times. Don't forget his head work either.
9. I'm old
10. I'm picky

LOL...… "you know, means it was there, I just kind of had them sort of build the entire motor... LOL … 6000 dollars later...… :D :D
:poke::poke::poke:
:popcorn:
well it looks like I need to start at the top here and address everybodys crap that you guys pull out of your *** and stick on me and either I did not buy all this $6,000 bull crap or it just becomes internet truth because you said so.
I had saved probably over $2, 500 to get started and gave the machine shop I think around $1, 200 when he said he had a $150 360 block he could get started on for me. Again it was just an old 87 truck block or something. I bought the scat rotating kit for Christmas from Jegs. I brought it down to them. Over the next several months I would come in probably once a week with a couple hundred dollars or whatever I could scratch up each week taking back scrap metal and whatever other little jobs extra I could pick up to make extra money. And then after about a five-month process I was able to pop it out of the machine shop when it was done. I would say I probably spent just under 5,000 getting it all done.
NEXT....

well it looks like I need to start at the top here and address everybodys crap that you guys pull out of your *** and stick on me and either I did not buy all this $6,000 bull crap or it just becomes internet truth because you said so.
I had saved probably over $2, 500 to get started and gave the machine shop I think around $1, 200 when he said he had a $150 360 block he could get started on for me. Again it was just an old 87 truck block or something. I bought the scat rotating kit for Christmas from Jegs. I brought it down to them. Over the next several months I would come in probably once a week with a couple hundred dollars or whatever I could scratch up each week taking back scrap metal and whatever other little jobs extra I could pick up to make extra money. And then after about a five-month process I was able to pop it out of the machine shop when it was done. I would say I probably spent just under 5,000 getting it all done.
NEXT....
LOL... i'll correct that 6k to 5k …. wouldn't want folks gett'n the wrong idea here :D

And now it's time for the

The Thanksgiving Poem.
by Henry Gibson

I had a nice Thanksgiving Day and so did you I trust
I ate and ate until I thought I'd bust
And then I ate a little more I guess I was a glutton
For when I got up from the table I popped my belly button.

Happy Thanksgiving everybody

Is that what it takes to win this, a 14.9?? I'm in better shape than I thought :D

What?? hotels, gas, food, entrie fees, etc etc = $$$$$ - and then hope the event isn't canceled due to rain?? tell ya what, you send each of us 3 a 1500 credit and we'll see what we can work out :D
  • P.S. - jabajaba and myself have a nice dragway about 1 hr from us both :)
What track are you referring to here? I think it would be a hoot to show up and have a few beers or bubble ups and just fling our junk down the track. You boys get serious next summer I might just load up my beater Cuda and head to Peoria. Winters in Fargo are loooooong. We been snow mobiling for weeks already. Hah! Let me know a track and a date. Who knows I may even have the Demon running by then.

I think we should maybe start a poll to see which one gets their panties in a bunch and runs off to Moparts first???

Oh! Do we have any perameters set up?

Engine displacement
Power adders
Car weight

If not, I think if it was kept to the K.I.S.S. method it would be good.

I think we should maybe start a poll to see which one gets their panties in a bunch and runs off to Moparts first???
They call me 318 will run - run right over to Moparts LOL :D :D

Engine displacement
Power adders
Car weight

Not really.... right now we just agreed to have fun.

Last edited:

Engine displacement
Power adders
Car weight

Kiss works for me.
My plan is use what I have on hand, plus a few parts to refresh or rebuild or finish what I have. As in I need bearing or gaskets or fluids. I do want a set of cam saver hydralic lifters also.
I have stock piled a lot of parts and pieces now it is time to do something with them.
I'll let 318 and j par workout the rules.

Engine displacement
Power adders
Car weight

I think you are correct. We need to set some hard firm parameters. I think there should be 4.
1: Be safe
2: pass tech
3: Don't red light
4: if ya break don't run it to the end, stop in place.
Have fun!

December 2017 in this field for 20 years...
View attachment 1715252470
New motor new tranny and transfer case (complete granny 4 speed to automatic swap including the steering column pedals and everything) new drivelines new suspension new brakes new gas tank and rims and tires and drove it to Colorado so what are you trying to say? That's in between completely stripping the Duster down to the bone and building it back up again. again quit your crying and excuse making and make something that'll run down the quarter mile ..
I love that truck I have a thing for tin grille dodges!

LOL... i'll correct that 6k to 5k …. wouldn't want folks gett'n the wrong idea here :D
Yeah like I spend this kind of money day and night on engines. Not like it took an entire winter of every last dime I could scratch up just so I can have some quality parts that would last through year after year of a bunch of posers chasing my heels....

maybe I should have paid for Dino Time or someone to break it in for me on a Dyno? Then we could just really played number games. But I broke the motor in and I have Time Slips.

Engine displacement
Power adders
Car weight

As far as I'm concerned these want to be Racers need to match up to me? I mean my car is ready. I have street tires and I have full race tires nothing in between.
They are the ones that have to build cars to race, I'm ready...

What track are you referring to here? I think it would be a hoot to show up and have a few beers or bubble ups and just fling our junk down the track. You boys get serious next summer I might just load up my beater Cuda and head to Peoria. Winters in Fargo are loooooong. We been snow mobiling for weeks already. Hah! Let me know a track and a date. Who knows I may even have the Demon running by then.
Add as many snowmobile pictures as you would like!

for what it's worth jpar, I consider yours a backyard budget build. you have done good with very little. well done!
I was the one that figured your combo could get into the 10's with a few tweaks.

for what it's worth jpar, I consider yours a backyard budget build. you have done good with very little. well done!
I was the one that figured your combo could get into the 10's with a few tweaks.
Doubtfully with the cam that I have now. I know for a fact I could have got it into the high 10s had I kept at it and kept working towards that goal with that combo.
Now it's more of a streetcar I can take to the track.

Yeah like I spend this kind of money day and night on engines. Not like it took an entire winter of every last dime I could scratch up just so I can have some quality parts that would last through year after year of a bunch of posers chasing my heels....
I hear you. I use to cash my pay checks at the speed shops. That was years ago. Now I sale or trade parts and use that money to buy the other parts I need. If my parts can't get me parts I need I do without untill they can.

As far as I'm concerned these want to be Racers need to match up to me? I mean my car is ready. I have street tires and I have full race tires nothing in between.
They are the ones that have to build cars to race, I'm ready...
Well said and agreed! (except for the want-to-be-racers... LOL)

I hear you. I use to cash my pay checks at the speed shops. That was years ago. Now I sale or trade parts and use that money to buy the other parts I need. If my parts can't get me parts I need I do without untill they can.
I've been living this lifestyle for the past 10 years...… in fact, I haven't had machine shop work done in over 15 years. All done at home, with what's laying around, or dirt cheap on CL LOL...

Many thing are against me.
1. I'm old.
2. I'm slow
3. I'm broke
4. It's cold out
5. I don't do body work
6. I love how my engine sounds at 7500
7. Competing against j par who could fall in a barrel of poo and come out smelling like fresh baked chocolate chip cookies. Amazing energy too.
8. and 318willreapthewirlwind, the tweaker, the tuner the guy that makes a stock duster run 70 muscle car times. Don't forget his head work either.
9. I'm old
10. I'm picky
Imo 1,4,6 give you a distinct advantage

There was a mention in a thread or a thread itself where someone was messing around with a cheapnunit that was very good.

-
Back