-
What I want out of 2021 is the same as I have wanted out of every year past.

A new opportunity to see more, feel more, do more and be more than the year before.

Life gives us what it does and (for me) making the most of what we get is the purpose, the challenge and (hopefully) the reward.

I have nothing that I miss from the past year that is worth dwelling on. I will count my blessings and learnings from 2020 and move on. The past is gone...the Future lies ahead.

What I want from 2021 is my nose to reshape back to normal and to be able to go on vacation and to visit my out of state family and... just realized how needy I am! lol

2020 has sucked *** for me!
I have been spinning wheels because:
Car shows have been cancelled or low attendance, so my side hustle selling keys has been horrible. Breaking even has been the goal this year.
The little side job I had went away in February, prior to COVID, so I couldn't collect the government cheese.
Schools shut down in March, so I haven't been sub teaching, and until this is over I refuse to walk back into another school.
I can't travel out of country without quarantining for 14 days. That takes research for my degree off the table.
So I'm hoping that 2021 I can travel, we have car shows, and world quits burning.
No point in crying about it, just have to keep on keeping on.

I got a pay-raise in 2021, made about 400bucks more than the year before. Can't complain; my life is good..... But the wife quit her job due to covid ... so there went 30Gs, and she is not coping well.(for 43 years we always put all our earnings into the same pot, and there was always an excess)
The grandkids are outgrowing the terrible twos, and their mothers are no longer putting up with all their shenanigans ........ finally.
So in 2021 I am looking forward to less stressful visits where I actually get to conversate with the parents/my kids, like we used to ............... such a long time ago, it seems.

The airport in Forks, Washington. They work with the FAA to close the runway 5 or 6 times a year.
Ah, I saw the picture and did not recognize it. I thought maybe there was an East Tx track that had evaded me. :thumbsup:

Good luck coming to Canada Princess, the borders are still closed and hope they stay that way until covid has finished its folishness … although it is not foolish, very serious stuff, although some people do not take it that way.
:rolleyes:

Oh brother. People scared of their own shadows and a minor cold virus. Notice how this hoax has cured flu deaths? Haha. No one that I know cares about this and most have gotten it/tested pos and not had symptoms. Our pediatrician and our internist call it one giant hoax also. The sheeple will continue to listen to the bs media tho. Sad.

Here's the Georgetown reservoir just off I70 looking east. Beautiful!

FB_IMG_1530810982623.jpg

The airport in Forks, Washington. They work with the FAA to close the runway 5 or 6 times a year.

Man... how about posting something when this goes down - 20 years in Western WA and I never heard of this, even when I worked over there around Forks for 4 years. That sounds like a blast!

Yea. Can’t wait for this BULLshit to pass. 2021 isn’t looking good. Another year of 2 weeks to stop the spread. LOL

anyways, can’t wait for car shows to come back, or having to put on a diaper to stop the **** from coming outa my mouth. LOL

:lol: Bring on 2021 ! Another year with no more beer. 23 years now.

PV I recognize that shot. The elevated section of west bound I-70 in Glenwood Canyon.
I'm jonesin for some road trips. Usually travel 10-20K miles a year. Made two trips over to Denver and one to Vegas this year. Barely got my tires warm.

Last edited:
PV I recognize that shot. The elevated section of west bound I-70 in Glenwood Canyon.
I'm jonesin for some road trips. Usually travel 10-20K miles a year. Made two trips over to Denver and one to Vegas this year. Barely got my tires warm.
You know our state very well.

5eecdd3d8ba2f.image.jpg

Most of it. Just have driven that road a lot. Not the Southeast corner though. Need to get over there and do some exploring.

I can barely tell this year was different. That obviously means my life sucks.
I was thinking along the same lines except for your second sentence.
I don't wear masks often even when I see others do it.
I do miss the car shows and swap meets. I love the opportunity to drive my cars to places where other classic cars will be.

Most of it. Just have driven that road a lot. Not the Southeast corner though. Need to get over there and do some exploring.
I have a cousin who lives in Idaho springs, so I'm familiar with that run west bound from Denver on I-70. Some of those spots are so amazing, it's hard to believe I'm still on planet earth still when I'm there.

Ya we are blessed to live in such a beautiful state. I've been to 37 states including Florida, Hawaii, New York, California and Alaska and Colorado is towards the top of the food chain.

Ya we are blessed to live in such a beautiful state. I've been to 37 states including Florida, Hawaii, New York, California and Alaska and Colorado is towards the top of the food chain.
I need to do more exploration of the USA. I've been to Texas, New Mexico, Kansas and Wyoming. All neighbor states.

So not many states, yet internationally I've been all over Europe, as far as st. Petersburg, down through the middle east, and all over rover through India.

I need to drive like there's no tomorrow in the USA, with the dart pointed east towards Pennsylvania

Do you ever go to Beau Jo's Pizza in Idaho Springs?
I don't think so but there used to be a restaurant there with a railroad theme. They had an O gauge train going around with deserts on each car. It was cool but I don't remember the name of the place.

Had good burgers. I always hunt for the best hamburgers anywhere I go.

-
Back