2022 13th Annual FABO NASCAR "Pick 'Em" Game - Time To Go Racing Again!!!

-
I really liked the old Atlanta from the 80's. Didn't like the last effort, but I like this one. Good race for a change, not that I got any points. Like Jeff in the booth, hated the guy back in the day:mad:, but I forgive him now for winning so much. :):)

Agree ^^.. think maybe the small sidewall is a problem on these tires.

NHRA and F1 both experimented with the "More wheel Less tire" scenario, late 80s early 90s. Scrapped the idea within a year.

Yeah, you knew they were going to come down hard on the first guy as a warning. These guys are pretty ingenious at finding between the lines "adjustments" so I'm guessing this will not be the last. These (IROC) cars may work out, but I like the open door for innovation of these engineers. I know the idea is to level the playing field, but wish they had went in a different direction than of the shelf cars.

Nascar needs to go back to the 90's rulebook. That seem to be about the best decade for manufacturer, team, and driver inputs. Give the right driver, the right car, with the right team and crew chief, a recipe for legacy.

Sorry, but Nascar's approach right now is not going to work long term. New this, new that. Pretty soon, the new runs out, and interest will wain further.
Nascar needs to quit being director of it's races and not orchestrate the outcome.

Have to go with the IX for the pole.. just watched the series ROME again so have to forgive me.. #9 Elliott for the pole

b016277f25a7430ed887434071dcf6ed--chase-elliot-bill-elliott.jpg

12 and 22 are strong here so let's go with them @ocdart .

Last edited:
12 car.. not sure i made it in time for the pole.
I Was to late, but here is the top 25 at this road course for our players to look at.
Good luck everyone.View attachment 1715895498

Mike, the nascar.com website schedule shows Cup qualifying at COTA is scheduled for Saturday, May 26, at 11:00AM EDT (8:00AM PDT). You're good with your #12 Pole pick.

Heck of a finish. Congrats to Chastain. Another bad points day for me with Logano. Need to rethink my lineup

Congratulations to game point leader 'Back in Time' (FABO), the only game player to pick race winner #1 Ross Chastain, and pick up -5 bonus points.
Congrats also to 'Avispa' (FABO) for being the only player to pick race runner-up, #48 Alex Bowman, and pick up -3 bonus points.

'Back in Time' (FABO) had the low net score again for this week at -2.5 points.

#99 Daniel Suarez was the race leader and #12 Ryan Blaney was in 2nd place at the end of Stage 1.
#11 Denny Hamlin was the race leader and #18 Kyle Busch was in 2nd place at the end of Stage 2.

Here are the game standings following the 2022 EchoPark Automotive Grand Prix at Circuit of the Americas:

Back in Time (FABO) 37.5 P5 9 1 4 1 -5 35.0
Locumob (FABO) 60.5 P19 9 19 4 7 66.0

riverdawg (FBBO) 62.5 LP11 L19 L9 4 7 68.0
memike (FABO) 61.0 P12 -1 12 22 (S1-2) 6 31 76.5
44070dart (FABO) 63.5 P9 L22 L94 31 81.0
Dart_Doctor (FABO) 67.5 LP9 L9 4 29 84.0
fishmens67 (FABO) 84.5 (no pole pick) 11 12 (S1-2)(S2-2) 18 6 92.5
Avispa (FABO) 86.0 P48 48 16 2 33
-3 100.5

cuda20 (FABO) 95.0 P9 9 19 4 7 100.5
Yunick13 (FABO) 84.0 P9 9 22 4 31 101.5

ocdart (FABO) 87.5 P9 5 9 4 29 104.0

Sublime one (FABO) 112.0 LP22 L6 L18 14 28 133.0

Please let me know if I show either your Pole or Race picks incorrectly or if you have any questions.

Please post your picks for the next race and let me know if you want to "lock" them in for future weeks. I will put an "L" before either your Pole pick or your race picks to show they've been "locked".
As always, you can always make different picks each week. Your "locked" picks will always be there should you forget to post your race picks, your computer malfunctions or the site should go down temporarily.

Now we go from the 3.40-mile Circuit of the Americas road course to the 0.75-mile oval at Richmond Raceway.
Don't forget to get your picks for the Toyota Owners 400 Americas posted before the green flag drops at approximately 3:45 PM EST (12:45 PM PST) on Sunday, April 3.

Your Pole Pick for the Toyota Owners 400 will need to be posted before qualifying starts at 11:15AM EDT (8:15AM PDT) on Saturday, April 2.

6 races in, and I'm at 100+ already. I need to make better decisions.

48 pole, 9/10 for win

Last edited:
Yeah, this new car has opened the door for others than the usual suspects somewhat. Thought nothing wrong with the end of race with some heavy pushing going on that wasn't over the top.. I mean how polite would you be going for the win. A little like Black Friday shopping.:eek::eek::):)

By the way the season is going, yes. They tend to find the limits of the car, but in some instances, exceed them. Larson was a safe bet for 2 weeks, and blew up both times.

I would have expected Logano to have done good yesterday, but was instead an accident waiting to happen, which happened multiple times.

I think once enough time has passed, the veterans will start to prevail.

By the way the season is going, yes. They tend to find the limits of the car, but in some instances, exceed them. Larson was a safe bet for 2 weeks, and blew up both times.

I would have expected Logano to have done good yesterday, but was instead an accident waiting to happen, which happened multiple times.

I think once enough time has passed, the veterans will start to prevail.

There is always that possibility. I hope my crystal Ball keeps working...:thumbsup::thumbsup:

-
Back