22 ammo anyone have it yet??????

-

swifter

Reaction score
Geez almost 30 months here in Wis. And still no 22 ammo on the shelves, i call bullshit that the government has nothing to do with this, also anyone notice that lots of 223/556 mostly now are available in 200 or 500 count ???? Instead of 1000 or 2000 bulk amounts -steve

our local news says there no shortage just hoarders buying it up when it hits the shelf's ,so that's why I have to get it online (THATS THERE STORY AND THERE STICKING TO IT ) wash dc area of coarse!

I work at a Sporting goods store. When we get .22LR, we usually sell out that day, and sometimes hours. I have seen as much as 75,000 rounds go out the door in 6 hrs. This was limited to 2 boxes per customer(under 300 round boxes), or 1 box per customer, per day, if it was 300 rounds or higher. I have seen where CCI is making 8 million rounds a day, and not even catching up. It's all a demand(and hoarding) problem. By the way 300 round boxes are $14.99 to $21.99 depending on the loads.
525 round boxes are $21.99.

And we usually get 2-4 shipments each and every week.

Ok, why are people hoarding them?
No idea!!!!!!A bunch have "heard the government is buying it all" so when they see some, they get their wife, kids, and even strangers to buy them some, just in case. Then they go to a gun show and see a 500 round box for $100 and they go buy some more because they found some for $25 a 500 round box and think they are going to make a killing when they get enough to sell. What they don't realize is very few suckers are paying the $100 for a box!!! That is where a fool and his money parted ways!!!!

I know a few people that have more ammo in their homes than some 3rd world armies.

the local places here get small shipments of 22 ammo, and by the days end its gone! (MOSTLY employee purchases I'd take a good guess!) BUT anyway, yeah, no 22 ammo anywhere....

I was told a TRILLION rounds a day and they can't keep up with the demand, Government? Yeah... Who the hell else would be controlling this!? But, WHY is my question?!?

22s are cap guns. What gives? I could see 356, 9mm, etc, but 22 rounds?

I'm gonna start buying stock in Cobra BBs, next.

As far as employee purchases where I work, we never get any, unless we come in on our day off. We can't buy any in our company shirts, we never know what or when we will get some, until it is brought to the gun counter and it must ALL be unboxed and put behind the counter, but in full view. People started complaining that we were holding some back because they could see a case under the work area. It was 50 round boxes of Federal Ultra Match 22lr, 19.99 for a 50 round box. It is a Olympic Grade target match ammo. We had to unbox and display 200-50 round boxes of that crap and have maybe sold 10 boxes it 3 months! It's always a conspiracy. Get caught hiding or holding some back and it is instant termination. They reminded one employee that buying and selling ammo on the side was grounds for termination, based on what they thought was excess purchases of ammo. He shoots every day.

The government is trying to disarm us so we can't defend ourselves against them....

I bought a box of 22 ammo last weekend, it cost me frickin 70 dollars. Now that's the CHEAP ammo now, that's why the cap gun. I read an article that was supposed to "explain it". It really didn't but from what I could gather it boiled down to supply and demand, and they posted numbers from several prominent gun and ammo manufacturers, claiming sales were down sharply in the last quarter. They said production would catch up with the decreased demand and we should see prices drop in the coming months. I'm not holding my breath. They said the two biggest "pushes" on demand was Obama (no shock there) and Columbine (sp)?

they cant take away our right to bear arms so they try to take away our ability to

I asked one of my coworkers who is sitting on 20K+ .22 rounds what in the world he was going to do with them what it hits the fan

his reply:...headshots.

@B-one fan
how bout putting a few of those 500 round boxes on layaway for me next time they come in ?

oh, and I also need 9MM FMJ

I had no idea. I'm glad I traded my peashooter for Mopar parts a couple years ago.

All I know is, I never thought I'd be reading anything like this in my lifetime.

All I know is once a week at one of the Wal Marts local to us, they sell out of every common round in about an hour. It's like a feedin frenzy.

Keep this in mind. A gun is easy to make. Ammunition is not.

Yep . Been dry here in N IL for a good while. Lucked out when cleaning out my folks old place a few months back and uncovered around 20 boxes of 60's-70's vintage .22 LR from when I got my old JC Higgins rifle as a kid. Funny how some folks say "hey that stuff's collectable", but it's probably more valuable today just because it's .22 and it shoots.

Reloading for all the centerfire stuff has made the whole drought thing pretty much a non-issue for me. :cheers:

they cant take away our right to bear arms so they try to take away our ability to

I asked one of my coworkers who is sitting on 20K+ .22 rounds what in the world he was going to do with them what it hits the fan

his reply:...headshots.

oh, and I also need 9MM FMJ

And this is precisely why there is a temporary shortage of ammunition. The makers of ammunition won't increase production because opening new factories for a temporary increase in demand doesn't make any sense.

Regards,

Joe Dokes

I'm with that. The round is good for what? A hit man doing a head shot from three feet away. I take out troublesome squirels, that's about it. Now .308's, and 7.62's , good ammo.

I think alot of people under estimate the .22
Anyone thats a decent shot only has to put 1 on target, and its done. Doesnt have to be a head shot...

I know if "the **** hits the fan".. i can carry alomost 2000 rds of .22 in a pouch, box etc that could normally only hold, say 100-200 rds for my .40
hell in a duffel you could probably hold 10,000 rds depending on the size of the bag.

A very well built and capable 10/22 with a bull barrell and decent optics can be had cheaper than most handguns.

My little hand gun shoots 22's long..its a Jennings J-22, got it 25 years ago for $60, lol

Its not the greatest, ha ha. it jams up now and then, all it needs is a chamfer where the bullet goes in--there is none there now, but then I wonder if its legal to do so ?

I don't agree with that disarmed us, I mean look how many other bullets are easy to buy, there must be more to it ......

Don't know a lot about guns but maybe 22's are harder to do ballasts test on, maybe its so small it has less mass to detect ...I know they can travel very far, not accurately but still can travel a 1/4 mile or more

I'm open to any wild guesses, there's gotta be a good reason , ..they used to sell the bullets for under $2 for a 50 pack, why I got the thing, it was cheap and bullets were cheap and its small and easier to hide

people who need 1000's of rounds need to go to gun school or somethin.

dont need that much ammo if you are a half decent shot lol

Guys, I don't know if this helps. But, this is where I go alot.
At least you can get a general idea of what pricing average is on all types of ammo. And you can find some good deals once in awhile. Hope this helps a bit.

http://www.gunbot.net

-
Back