24Wx32L Garage Build

-
Currently working with the city to build a 30x40 with a single 16' door and a one man as well. Hope to get started in the next few months.

im actually in the planning stages of building a carport (maybe convert into shop later). my biggest hurdle is going to be the slab.

i am planning a 24' wide by 28' deep slab...however, from what i have been reading, is it true that it is absolutely crucial to have the building plans FIRST, (where the roll up door will be, and the man doors, building lay out etc, etc???) because, I am not SURE what kind of building I want...

I figure, if I have the slab first, I can build whatever I want on top of it...

yeah you should be able to build on top what ever you want if you only plan to do a slab..
i went with foudation walls this is why i need to have my drawing etc..

once i get some time ill have to check your threads for your car i remember seeing your name a few years ago i just dont go on here much

I would never pour a slab without a ratwall because I have seen the damage a groundhog can do in a short period of time.

progress pictures

IMG_0910.JPG

IMG_0913.JPG

IMG_0921.JPG

IMG_0924.JPG

When is the cookout for us to stop , eat and check out that beautiful new shop?

Just finished with the permit process. With the available space and zoning restrictions I'm able to go 18x28. Just need it for one car and room for a work bench. I still have two spaces available in our three car garage. I was restricted to 10 ft height with the pitch of the roof going slightly less than 10ft. I have the fence people coming mid June to put in the gate with the concrete guy shortly after. I have a 8 foot wall where a section will have to come down. A sliding gate will go in its place. Steel building should go up mid to late July.

Not much yard will be left with the building and the pool. That's ok, I hate mowing.

I hate mowing too. Thats why i went with a 27x31 building, and plan on widening my driveway with a bit of poured concrete, and putting rock down along side my house on the driveway side. Mowing and weed eating sucks. I plan on doing a bit of a rock garden in the front to lessen the grass footprint.

I was able to purchase a piece of property that was coming out of bankruptcy about 4 yrs ago...It has a small 950 sq house on it, the existing detached garage is 30 x 30 x12. I am in the process of submitting for a zoning variance to build a 50 x 60 x 12 metal building on it. I thought the 30 x 30 garage was going to be big enough....Also going to put a 40 x 8 shipping container it for storage of parts. The property is zoned for horses and is in a older part of vegas northeast near nellis afb...

I was able to purchase a piece of property that was coming out of bankruptcy about 4 yrs ago...It has a small 950 sq house on it, the existing detached garage is 30 x 30 x12. I am in the process of submitting for a zoning variance to build a 50 x 60 x 12 metal building on it. I thought the 30 x 30 garage was going to be big enough....Also going to put a 40 x 8 shipping container it for storage of parts. The property is zoned for horses and is in a older part of vegas northeast near nellis afb...
Now that sounds like the bonus round. You only need the house to sleep, eat, and shower. Check out Steve Magnantes el monte cat raunch in hot rod or car craft.

garage door windows were suppose to be one panel higher have to decide if i keep them like this or get them exchanged..

IMG_1021.JPG

IMG_1025.JPG

IMG_1026.JPG

Garage looks great.... The height and depth easily outweigh the width in making use of the shop. Plenty of room to build anything you want....

JW

I`m jealous ! mine is a 16x38. w/ a lathe - milling machine in the back end, and all the junk associated w/ ????, it sucks ! wish it was at least 4 ft wider . but, no room.

I would never pour a slab without putting insulation and pex heating pipes under the cement the best little extra money you can spend .I put in floor heat in my 30 x50 shop and in my basement of my house and my attached garage to my house by far one of my better decisions . 500 bucks will buy enough for a 30x50 shop .

This is my thread for my 24x32 garage that I built and finished late October of last year. Like everyone I wish it could have been bigger but this was what was in the budget. $29,000.00 gets you 24x32 with studded walls, 4000 PSI cement floor (because I was putting in a lift) 4 inches thick, 6 inches at the lift uprights. Additionally for an extra $800.00 I had the walls extended from 10 ft to 12 ft. I did all of the dry wall, insulation and wiring myself (with help from my buddy Larry). I installed 2 electric heaters (220 volts) that I purchased from Tractor Supply ($125.00 each). Also you might find out, like I did that you will need to build a storage loft for a lot of the things you don't realize you own.
3 Car Garage

I would never pour a slab without putting insulation and pex heating pipes under the cement the best little extra money you can spend .I put in floor heat in my 30 x50 shop and in my basement of my house and my attached garage to my house by far one of my better decisions . 500 bucks will buy enough for a 30x50 shop .

This is what i did. I want to work in my garage on wintertime so it's
IMG_1412.JPG
the best set-up. At least, for me.

-
Back