26" champion radiator in '67 Barracuda?

-

blackhand

Reaction score
I just got off the phone with ledfoot (champion radiator distributor) and they couldn't tell me which of their 26" radiators would fit in my 1967 Barracuda. I could swear that I've read posts from FABO members that have put the 26" in late sixties a-bodies.

Anyone have some first-hand knowledge in this area?

Does anybody have the Champion part number on hand?

would search the forum but I'm at work and pressed for time...

Thanks!

I went to their web page. The problem may be that early cars never came with a radiator that wide so they don't have a direct reference.

Cutting will be involved (Opening up the core support opening) if you want to run a 26".

They do list.....

http://www.championradiators.com/page/400667660

That should be more that enough to cool anything unless you have other issues.

I ran the 22 inch 3 core champion on a 360 that was hard blocked all the way to top and it kept me cool no problems. Had to drill one diffrent hole from stock configuration.

The 26 inch will require 4 holes drilled to mount it. You dont have to cut the core opening wider unless you just want to take advantage of the wider core.

yeah, I was thinking I'd have to cut the core support if I went with the 26". I'm looking ahead to the future when I can finish my stroker motor, I want to make sure that I have enough capacity to keep it cool.

I'm planning on a 470ci with 10.5:1 compression and about 600hp. Would the 22" radiator be enough to cool it?

Also, what's the part number for the 26" you guys are talking about?

Thanks a bunch!

I would definitely go with a 22" no matter who makes it. You can find a 22" that will work for you. I have a Griffin 22" in my 67 cuda. It has two 1.25" cores and is great! The best part about it was it bolted right in and the stock shroud work just fine.

There are pros and cons either way. The factory went to a 26 inch radiator with in and out ports on oposite sides for some reason. Smaller cores were limited to 6 cyl' builds.

I am also a Champion Dealer - the 26" part number is 374 for the Small Block version and 375 for the Big Block version - Prefixes determined by # of cores

ECxxx - Economy Cooling = 2 row
CCxxx - Champion Cooling = 3 row
MCxxx - Monster Cooling = 4 row

BTW - I'll match whatever price Ledfoot gave you :)

-
Back