273/318 Heads

-
I am throwing away about 4 sets of J heads tomorrow morning....loaded on trailer and taking them to recycle yard......I can take the best set off the trailer if you want them or two sets...3 sets?

You have to realize that giving those heads away is going to cost me money .....LOL

Last edited:
I am throwing away about 4 sets of J heads tomorrow morning....loaded on trailer and taking them to recycle yard......I can take the best set off the trailer if you want them or two sets...3 sets?

You have to realize that giving those heads away is going to cost me money .....LOL

Yes I'll take some! I think J heads are the "same" as xheads. Then I can practice on the "correct" heads :thankyou:

I can probably round up some scrap metal to replenish your stock? Lol

What's the casting numbers? You probably could sell them before the end of the month here.

I dont know, I never asked about them. I wanted to get confirmation here first to know that it would be a wise idea to pick them up to ruin them trying to learn to do an at home port job lol.

yes...J heads are alot like the X head.....I will pull two sets off the trailer....

You have to come and get them.......

And since I am not working.....Any day and any time ...as long as it is daylight

Last edited:
yes...J heads are alot like the X head.....I will pull two sets off the trailer....

You have to come and get them.......

I can do that! Next week is my "last week" in school, then I have 2 weeks off. Thank heaven, I can't stand this skool.

I got a coupe sets of 74 Duster bumpers that I will throw on the trailer....they weight as much as the heads....and I remember I got a few old rusty 360 cranks too....lol

ok...i am done in YOUR thread...lol

Here's a picture of the casting # on those heads. They are heads for a 1967 273 or 318. The casting # is 2658920 I believe.

received_185279009923414.jpeg

received_4280672531949583.jpeg

I dont have anything to practice on... these are just some I found for sale locally and thought they would be better to mess up than my Xheads.

I dont know what open vs closed ports/chambers means, ill have to do some reading on them apparently.

I see the guys got you straightened out. I was away all day yesterday. Those are 67 closed chamber 273 heads. They have value since the chambers are smaller and they flow better than later 318 heads. I like them since I run 273's and don't want the hassle of larger valves in the small bore.

-
Back