273 Commando, Charger, air filter decals?????

-

Reaction score
Can any one tell me if the 273's chrome air cleaner originally had an air filter decal or not? I have seen them both ways, and am not sure witch is correct? Thanks!!!!

Not sure, but what year 273? Also, are you restoring the vehicle to 100% factory specs? If not, it's going to be your personal preference on whether or not to include the decal.

I know it is up to me, but I am one of those goofy people that just want certain things to be correct, while I will change others. Go figure. LOL

Here's a early magazine photo that shows one. It's the only one I've seen. This one is a California car with CAP. tmm

Attachments

• 013.jpg
    73.3 KB · Views: 440
What I've seen over the years is two styles too.

1. 273 Charger decal added on the chromed air cleaner.

2. 273 Charger decal added on something close to a pie pan.

I'm not sure which plant used what system. Any input out there?

Thanks for the pic! Sure looks like it has the air filter instructions on the side to me. Thanks!!!!

Here's a early magazine photo that shows one. It's the only one I've seen. This one is a California car with CAP. tmm

My 65 Barracuda Commando came with a chrome Charger aircleaner. The decal was originally printed on a piece of metal and glued to the top.

I've 4 Commando Air cleaners - none have the air filter instruction decal. One has the metal plate that the 273 decal was affixed to and on the others the decal was affixed directly to the lid.

Can any one tell me if the 273's chrome air cleaner originally had an air filter decal or not? I have seen them both ways, and am not sure witch is correct? Thanks!!!!

My aircleaner has the instruction decal

My aircleaner has the instruction decal

Are we talking about a small decal on the side of the air cleaner- or the big one on the top? The yellow one was present on most I saw back in the day- They did however deteriorate over the years and were removed to clean up. there were not metal pie pans like the later one Mopars

Anyone have an original charger aircleaner they want to swap for an original commando one ? I guess I could just buy the charger decal.

Anyone have an original charger aircleaner they want to swap for an original commando one ? I guess I could just buy the charger decal.

I have a Charger decal however I really don't need a Commando decal. Can't remember what I paid for it.

They are decal placed on like a small pie tin. here are some pictures of one I have front and back. It appears they were glued on and has a split in it to probably tighten it up when mounting. And an added picture of my whole air cleaner assembly. It also has no other decal on it.

Attachments

• IMG_1273 (800x740).jpg
    91.4 KB · Views: 412
  • IMG_1274 (800x759).jpg
    67.7 KB · Views: 287
  • IMG_1277 (800x655).jpg
    89.5 KB · Views: 349
  • IMG_1277 (800x537).jpg
    97.3 KB · Views: 321
The California emission cars had the green and white air cleaner instructions on the side of the air cleaner.

My '66 Dart 273-4v was an early build at the Los Angeles plant. The car was CAP equipped like Toolmanmike's photo and had the red and yellow decal on the chrome A/F housing. It had the Charger 273 decal on a pie tin glued to the air filter housing. Didn't see a green and white sticker on the car.

-
Back