273 engine identification.

-
OK since everybody is here, I have a
VX2 30418C engine that was sold to me as a 1964 273-2bbl. Anybody know what it is? Wait don't tell me, I already know; it's a spacer. It's the one at the end of the engine-row holding up the plywood, so I can stack transmissions on the next level,lol..

The engine is a 1966 model year engine that was built/assembled on 8-5, August 5th. You can check the block casting date that's on the passenger side below the cylinder head. Probably a June or July casting.
There's a interesting progression between when the block was cast, the engine was assembled, the car was built and when it left the plant.

OK since everybody is here, I have a
VX2 30418C engine that was sold to me as a 1964 273-2bbl. Anybody know what it is? Wait don't tell me, I already know; it's a spacer. It's the one at the end of the engine-row holding up the plywood, so I can stack transmissions on the next level,lol..
:poke: Everybody is not here. The sane ones are asleep! :poke:

The engine is a 1966 model year engine that was built/assembled on 8-5, August 5th. You can check the block casting date that's on the passenger side below the cylinder head. Probably a June or July casting.
I will for sure. I will follow up... With pictures. Thanks for the help!

-
Back