2785312 1967 V8 Fan Shroud

-

Dana67Dart

The parts you don't add don't cause you no trouble
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
I have had this perfect condition NOS 67 Dart V8 Fan Shroud hanging in the rafters of my garage for years. I have decided to clean out and cut it up into bits sized chucks that will fit into my trash can.

PXL_20220617_164838989.jpg

Ok Ok get out the paddles and zap your heart back into sinus rhythm.

Really what I am doing is Reverse Engineering it from photos, measurements from my Radiator and photos and measurements graciously supplied by @Bob67Barracuda (Thank you so much Bob)

Here is where I am at in the design..

upload_2022-6-17_11-1-38.png

I have a lot of tweaking to do.
  1. The centering of the fan opening on the shroud
  2. The notch at the top and bottom where it goes over the radiator
  3. The notch by the lower rad hose
  4. The overall height of the top, from photos it looks like the shroud part (not the top arch of the fan opening which is taller than the core) it is taller then the core opening and contoured to fit snuggly to the core and top tank
I would appreciate any additional photos, side shots measurements etc. anyone can supply.

Right now I am 3D printing it on my home printer in sections that I will glue together to check for overall fit. I got a price from where I work (we have a 3D printer large enough to print the entire shroud in one piece) but at $800.00 each that's a bit out of my price range.

BTW... YES I KNOW I COULD BUY THE 68 / 69 REPO SHROUD AND IT WILL FIT.
But where would the fun be in that!

Upper left corner
16554862414185226693589521901257.jpg

Lower left corner
1655486314450715529451566562201.jpg

Last edited:
You gonna sell the file afterwards? I am sure a few people would be interested including myself...

You gonna sell the file afterwards? I am sure a few people would be interested including myself...
That's sort of the plan.

I would need to be sure it fits right and I would love to compare it side by side to a real one before taking money for my work.

I also will be looking into a local printing company and see how much it would cost to have some made. They have injection molding into 3D printed molds which makes the up front costs much less than steel tooling.

It will be a while before I'm there.

I'm also working on a few other parts for members here. After the files are proven out I would look into the same and make some.

My home printer can make a lot of the small parts but I don't know if the materials will last or withstand heat and humidity.

If anyone personally knows manufacturers of small runs I would be Intrested.

-
Back