3/8 sending unit

-
I just bought some of the rubber caps at NAPA and slid one over the nipple you are not using to keep dirt and water out.

i would not use those caps that they sell at napa, as the gas sloshes around and hit it, it will deteriorate after a while, as they are not gas-resistant.

BEST thing to do with it is plumb it up front and get yourself a vapor return fuel filter.

I asked the seller if he had one with only one tube. I will let you know what he says. If not I will just plug it.

If you're going to plug it get a short (3") length of fuel line, plug one end with something steel and use a small hose clamp at both ends. With todays ethanol fuel there are rubber/plastic caps out there that'll get eaten out over time. How do I know, I had to upgrade a couple fuel lines on my Merc (outboard) to ethanol resistant stuff when they started putting that **** in the fuel.

If you're going to plug it get a short (3") length of fuel line, plug one end with something steel and use a small hose clamp at both ends. With todays ethanol fuel there are rubber/plastic caps out there that'll get eaten out.

Good idea. I will do that. thanks

If you're going to plug it get a short (3") length of fuel line, plug one end with something steel and use a small hose clamp at both ends. With todays ethanol fuel there are rubber/plastic caps out there that'll get eaten out over time. How do I know, I had to upgrade a couple fuel lines on my Merc (outboard) to ethanol resistant stuff when they started putting that **** in the fuel.

we wants rides in the boat! :blob: & fishinggggg

-
Back