3" Dynomax Ultraflow Carnage

-
I was just going to suggest Race Bullets! LOL. You wearing ear plugs? They toss a set in the bottom of the box!
I RUN 12" RACE BULLETS W/ A 3 1/2" SPIRAL INSERT SHOVED HALF WAY IN THEM AND SPOT WELDED. no racking , doesn`t sound tinney, no popping, no back pressure very free flowing. Can be done for under $50 .-----"full 3 1/2" exhaust dumped in front of the rear axle, w/ turn downs." Doesn`t stir up dust because of size. Not overly loud either !

I had a big long school Bus size magnaflow on a truck that cracked around the end and blew all the packing out. That was pretty crazy. I lost receipt, couldn't remember where I bought it, it was an expensive muffler Too. I've used Them again after that with no problem. Have ultraflows too, Hope they hold up I really like The sound.

Got the warranty replacements. Gonna put em on and try again. They sound much better all around, (the race bullets sound awesome at wot, but at idle and burbling around......lets just say, theres better out there. I'll run collector's at the track from now on. Hopefully they hold up with no issues that way. :thumbsup:

Easy for you to say.:D I live in my reality. My welding looks like a pile of bird poo piled up half the time, and to drive around with two dirty busted up pieces of **** trying to find someone that wants to **** with that, on my schedule, that can also lay down the quality weld i expect ain't as easy as a skip down to the corner. And people don't weld for a ten spot either. So replacement mufflers it is.

You think your welding is worse than the joker who did that?

I won't buy MagnagarbageFlow ,or any chamber muffler ,anymore.
I like Ultra Flo long case ,turbo muffler style , or Walker Super Turbo muffler...
Been through this nonsense, running basic IMCO 2.5 " reverse flow " ,as of current. Not happy ,with those either.

Always had great luck with the old school oval fiberglass packed, perforated tube turbo mufflers. Not even givin a damn if the tubes are the same diameter all the way through. Never saw how that made a difference since the tubes are you know.......perforated. lol

That's not carnage. THIS is carnage. Cut off at pipe and pulled out as it sits

explosion.jpg

Looks like the ignition cut off and then back on. Back when i was a construction laborer on jobsite cleanup hauling we used to do that in an old dump truck when passing under a bridge.......ka-boom shak-a-lak- a- lak-a!!!!! One time it yielded the "hello muffler blow out":eek:

well I'm pushing about 950 HP so I'm guessing it was too much for the muffler. Who am I kiddin'....actually I'm embarrassed to say the distributor was 180 out. Nothing like starting a car in a small garage and having a unexpected explosion so powerful go off that blows posters off the wall and shoots a giant mushroom cloud out the front of the garage. I think my neighbors thought they had finally got rid of me :lol:

I put a 2.25" UltraFlo muffler on my Jeep to quiet it down from the mid-length (22" ??) Classic Chambered PowerStick I had on it previously, been about 3 years and at least 10k miles now with no problem but that's on a 4.0L inline-6 with barely 200 HP. I do love the balance between on-throttle sound and off-throttle quiet-ness but will be much more careful if I ever decide to get more to put on another vehicle, at the very least I will definitely keep the receipt and warranty info. I kind of want to put a PowerStick back on the Jeep because those 4.0s sound pretty cool with open exhaust but it would be the longest one for sure, I have a pair of the long 2.5" PowerSticks on my Duster and they are magnificent at WOT without much drone at cruise and the idle is very pronounced, you can hear the exhaust pulses from each cylinder it's super cool.

I had the exact same thing happen to one of my Ultraflows. The weld wasn't even close to being centered over the seam. Rewelded it and it has been fine.

-
Back