31 k Mile 77 Aspen 318 A/C

-

krazykuda

FABO Gold Member
How-To Section Editor
Reaction score
So we take the son's Mustang in for regular maintenance. I pull up to give him a ride home and I see a 77 Aspen 4-door. I go up to it and it looks real clean, then the sticker in the window is 31,1xx miles and the chrome and interior are perfect. Body is real nice and no rust anywhere even around the seams. It has a 318 with A/C and manual door locks and windows. The seats had no holes and the gauge cluster looked real nice. Even had the owner's manual in the trunk. Trunk looked clean and no holes in it. It looks like it was recently repainted. The alternator looked like it was recently replaced.

The A/C and radio didn't work. The suspension felt a little "saggy" on the test drive.

They were asking a quite a bit of money for it and wouldn't go down very much.

What do you think this is worth?

So we take the son's Mustang in for regular maintenance. I pull up to give him a ride home and I see a 77 Aspen 4-door. I go up to it and it looks real clean, then the sticker in the window is 31,1xx miles and the chrome and interior are perfect. Body is real nice and no rust anywhere even around the seams. It has a 318 with A/C and manual door locks and windows. The seats had no holes and the gauge cluster looked real nice. Even had the owner's manual in the trunk. Trunk looked clean and no holes in it. It looks like it was recently repainted. The alternator looked like it was recently replaced.

The A/C and radio didn't work. The suspension felt a little "saggy" on the test drive.

They were asking a quite a bit of money for it and wouldn't go down very much.

What do you think this is worth?

Whatever you're willing to pay for it.

Seriously though, since it's a 1977 4-door, I would guess $3500-4000.

Even though I would love to have that car as a DD as you describe it. (memories of my 1979 Duster)....I would say the real value is about $1800 to $2000 with no rust at all. Not many people out there want these cars at all. They are not collectible and most people wouldn't see them as attractive but some of us know how satisfying they would be to drive every day.

without pics, 1,495.00 if that..... thats my opinion on a 4 door. we use to buy those up for 3 or 500 bucks all day long and part them out. they will never be valuable no matter how many miles are on them.

Buy it and flip it and you'll find out exactly what it's worth.

That would be very satisfying to drive daily. Not sure that adds a bunch of value sales wise but I would much rather drive this than any economiser from the mid 90's that would likely be about the same price....just my opinion. It all depends on whether you want or need the car.

They were asking more than anybody has quoted so far. That's what i thought. They are very high.

Maybe play the waiting game and see if they drop the price some in time...

I will admit, it's a nice one. It's probably worth about as much as a 4 door Aspen can be.....however much that is.

I paid $400 for this one a year ago, runs drives 318 with air, minimal rust (I put in 3 small patches before I painted her, a dent in every panel though, but it had all new brakes because the PO didn't know what a bad booster is) 115xxxmi

The 4 door looks alright but I wouldn't pay more then $1500 for a more door.... Not when there are nice 2doors to be had for a similar price.

Attachments

• 100_1091.JPGr.jpg
    77.1 KB · Views: 407
:dontknow:Hard to say, I never considered owning one but now that I think about it, maybe it would be cool??? Any reviews out there from someone who ever had one?

res1vw21... i paid $400 for this one a year ago, runs drives 318 with air, minimal rust (I put in 3 small patches before I painted her, a dent in every panel though, but it had all new brakes because the PO didn't know what a bad booster is) 115xxxmi

The 4 door looks alright but I wouldn't pay more then $1500 for a more door.... Not when there are nice 2doors to be had for a similar price.

that is a great buy !! i would drive the piss out that one ...

My friend sold his 79 Aspen with 9,500 original miles on it for $3200.00 it was green with green interior 318,auto,working air.

Jim

My first car was a slant 6 - 1980 Aspen 4 door almost same thing. Great memories, car started every time never broke down, slant had a million miles and no compression when I got rid of it!! From what your saying I bet needs all new suspension, my car sagged like that and would bounce like crazy when I hit a bump. Obviously shocks were gone and was actually dangerous at highway speeds, but when your 17 you don't care. I wouldn't hardly pay any thing for this car though. Has no resale value. I would find a 2 door 70's A body, much lighter and way nicer styling and if you have to sell you can get your money back.

that is a great buy !! i would drive the piss out that one ...

Thanks! I will be doing that shortly as soon as it's all back together. See my sig if you want to see more pics (79 Aspen Super Coupe)

I paid $400 for this one a year ago, runs drives 318 with air, minimal rust (I put in 3 small patches before I painted her, a dent in every panel though, but it had all new brakes because the PO didn't know what a bad booster is) 115xxxmi

Ugh....you make me sick.

Put some 24" wheels on it and put it on the south side of town and the price will go up considerably...

There was a similar model wagon listed here a while back that would be a better choice than a 4 door for my money.

-
Back