31 k Mile 77 Aspen 318 A/C

-
Could be 131,000 or 231,000 miles. You don't usually find a deal at a dealer. If you buy from an individual, you need to have cash and most people can only buy via a monthly payment. It is a nice looking car, and I think it looks smart as a 4 door, plus stronger, safer, and more practical.

I'd be willing to bet that its odometre's reading is actual (e.g. , it's not 131,000 ) .
Look at its brake booster (that original sticker was assembly line only) and its battery "blanket" is still in place (those were usually tossed at the first battery replacement) .

Too bad it's not an "A38" (Police Package) .

It would appear that its present owners have Barren-Jackass syndrome : "It must be worth a lot 'cos it's got a pentastar ! " :mumum:

I had a 77 Aspen wagon I bought new with 360, it would run like a striped ape and checked milage and it got 18.8 mpg. Put over 100,000 miles on it and someone hit my wife in drivers quarter. Only problem it shoved a pushrod through rocker.

It would appear that its present owners have Barren-Jackass syndrome : "It must be worth a lot 'cos it's got a pentastar ! " :mumum:

yep..anything that says mopar.......i bought a 77 aspen R/T , orange , white interior, buckets , console, 318 ,the R/T stripes, rallye wheels in 1998 for $400 bucks, and i loved that little car to death. i traded it straight across for a 71 chrysler 300...

Could be 131,000 or 231,000 miles. You don't usually find a deal at a dealer. If you buy from an individual, you need to have cash and most people can only buy via a monthly payment. It is a nice looking car, and I think it looks smart as a 4 door, plus stronger, safer, and more practical.

Just by the looking at the battery box[cover, I say it doesn't seem like a 32,000 mile car, maybe 80,000 ? Hard to say without seeing it.

Resale value is whats the bummer.

The 2 doors look batter, yes the 4 door may well be stronger and it take much work but a 340 with a 8 3/4 rear with 4.10 gears would be a freaken blast and quicker then you might ever dream of.

But it take $8,000 or so and resale value as is right now I say $3,000 and thats being nice about it.

I agree, find something else-older and a 2 door unless you can take it for $1,500 to $2,000 max

8 k Bud dont walk away run as fast as you can .. I like 4 doors but not that much 1500 tops .. If your looking for cool DD. I can find ya some thing cheaper and better then that ! If ya want my help Pm me with what ur looking to spend and what not i will be more then happy to help

I had a 78 wagon about 10 years ago; paid I think about $1200 for it and sold it 4 years later for $400 or so. Very reliable but the New England winters were not kind to it. Maybe $1500-2000 for me and only if I needed a car right away otherwise I'd stick with Darts and Valiants.

8 grand?
Wow, someone is delusional.
Good news though, it'll have 31,000 miles on it still in 20 years when it's actually worth that.

I bought on a few years ago that was a /6 w/21,000 miles on it and paid $2,200 for it, then put a dippy cop 8.25 sure-grip rear, a 727 t-flyte and a fairly well built 360 in it and had a lot of fun with it looking like a granny-mobile.

Some pics of^^^

Attachments

• 016_13A.jpg
    54.1 KB · Views: 180
  • 020_17A.jpg
    98.6 KB · Views: 208
  • 017_14A.jpg
    72.6 KB · Views: 196
  • 025_22A.jpg
    79.2 KB · Views: 168
  • 026_23A.jpg
    68.2 KB · Views: 181
  • 024_21A.jpg
    54.2 KB · Views: 185
  • 021_18A.jpg
    83.8 KB · Views: 184
I'd be willing to bet that its odometre's reading is actual (e.g. , it's not 131,000 ) .

I also think that the odometer is original. the condition of the engine compartment and interior are nice and hard to keep that clean for higher mileage (over 100,000). I just think that the price is a little out there.

I told the salesman, "I know you offered the previous owner like $2k sayin that is an old car. I'm sure you can go down some..." He still won't come down enough for me to snag it.

Oh well. Play the waiting game and see what happens... :sleepy5:

I bought on a few years ago that was a /6 w/21,000 miles on it and paid $2,200 for it, then put a dippy cop 8.25 sure-grip rear, a 727 t-flyte and a fairly well built 360 in it and had a lot of fun with it looking like a granny-mobile.

Looks nice!! Are those leather seats?

8 k Bud dont walk away run as fast as you can .. I like 4 doors but not that much 1500 tops .. If your looking for cool DD. I can find ya some thing cheaper and better then that ! If ya want my help Pm me with what ur looking to spend and what not i will be more then happy to help

I'm not looking for another car. :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

I have too many right now. :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

I keep finding them though... WTF??? :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

Holy Crap! 8 GRAND?! NEVER.

That car looks identical to a '76 4 door Aspen with a Super Six that I drove around for a couple years back in 1996-97. Same copper/burnt orange color.

My car was just about as clean as this one. It had 55k miles. I paid $600.

They are asking $8k.
If everything was working I would say 3,000 to 4,000 for a car in that condition. The battery thermal guard would not be there in that good of shape on a car with 80,000 miles on it..that white brittle plastic would be long gone by then. Looks like this one with the A/C working would be a good grocery getter. The floating suspension are the rubber pucks up front and rubber isolating the leaf springs in the back. That can be fixed with some Firm Feel pieces.

Some pics of^^^

DUDE !! That thing is SWEET !! I especially like the way you did up the engine ; it's in my favourite colourscheme : blue engine with an orange air cleaner :thumblef::thumblef::thumblef::thumblef::thumblef: !!
How'd ya run the exhaust ?
From what I understand , the only 'F' Bodies to have factory dual exhaust were the '79 360 Road Runner and Aspen R/T 360 ; and even then , it had to neck-down to a 2-into-1 in order to clear the offset gas tank ; then it returned to a true dual setup after the resonator .
Did you run axle-area dumps or a 2-into-1 setup ?

-
Back