318 and 10's

-
This has been so much fun, how can you resist not doing another??? lol. Wait, if you're not going to do it with a 318, then there won't be a problem. It will be accepted as the gospel truth with no doubts.... but IF you use a 318....... then WWIII bombs will fall.... all..... over.... Wisconsin... BOOOOM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:D

True, dammit now I gotta get the 318 back!

It seriously could have done it if winter wasn't here.

OK I just got the low down on this car, 10.74 late this fall , 3,730 lb. ss/na
THE VIDEO IS 3 YEARS OLD

[ame]http://youtu.be/qIGBNsAyr2w[/ame]

10.74 at 3700+ lbs and all 318.... hmmmm.... them TQ's and cast intake.... something to be said about those Mopar engineers.... And how many Indy head, strokers are in 2900 lbs. drag cars going 11's? hmmmm.....Look at all the opportunity that has been pulled out and thrown aside....

I love that wagon IDC what powers it! I imagine it has a lot of converter lol

Right, Spareparts. Those stock eliminators run tons of duration, lots of stall and gears. Still, stock carb, intake, compression, and cam lift..... that's some haulin...

The super stocker get to run roller and, all the cam lift they can get the valve train to withstand , the Aspen is in the .800+ range

10.74 at 3700+ lbs and all 318.... hmmmm.... them TQ's and cast intake.... something to be said about those Mopar engineers.... And how many Indy head, strokers are in 2900 lbs. drag cars going 11's? hmmmm.....Look at all the opportunity that has been pulled out and thrown aside....

INDY 414 stroker 3240 lb. from the same shop as the Aspen

[ame]http://youtu.be/ssRAHemsB6U[/ame]

super stockers get to run any aluminum intake ....just has to match original configuration...as if it came with a 4 barrel...aluminum intake has to be 4 barrel...

can run any light weight pistons...any light weight steel rod ...ported cylinder heads....

Price a competitive SS engine?....bring your visa ....
Pro trans 904 will cost you 6k....plus 1k for converter....

super stockers get to run any aluminum intake ....just has to match original configuration...as if it came with a 4 barrel...aluminum intake has to be 4 barrel...

can run any light weight pistons...any light weight steel rod ...ported cylinder heads....

Price a competitive SS engine?....bring your visa ....
Pro trans 904 will cost you 6k....plus 1k for converter....

what is done to the trans that demands that kinda coin? i mean i know you have good parts and clearance's but damn. figured the converter would be more actually..

billet light weight internal parts...with a wide arrange of gear sets..

friends stocker has 2.66 1st ....another has 2.89 1st gear..and 71 cuda has 3.09 1st gear...in 904s

I thought the wagon was stock eliminator.. my bad! Still....

WOW! I wish I would have read this thread earlier! I thought I was happy with my 11.91! Thank You SpareParts, you have motivated me to shoot for more and that these times are possible with a 318! Planning on a little more tire and a new cam for next season.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=preVtd-zi0Y"]11 sec 318 Dodge Dart - YouTube[/ame]

Lol @ this thread :-D

This thread gives hope to those that are constantly told that you cannot make a 318 do this or you cannot make a 318 do that... Just go buy a 360. I had the opportunity to buy a decent 360 real cheap, but I passed it up because I wanted to be the oddball and stick with my 318. I have a stock 318 running over everything around my city that's in my class or close to it. People are out swapping motors and building pure race cars right now to beat a stock 318 on the street. I even had a guy sell his Ranger with a 351C a few months ago because he got embarrassed. I know when more work is done to my engine, it'll perform just as good as a 302 or 350 based engine.

Props to you, SpareParts.

This thread gives hope to those that are constantly told that you cannot make a 318 do this or you cannot make a 318 do that... Just go buy a 360. I had the opportunity to buy a decent 360 real cheap, but I passed it up because I wanted to be the oddball and stick with my 318. I have a stock 318 running over everything around my city that's in my class or close to it. People are out swapping motors and building pure race cars right now to beat a stock 318 on the street. I even had a guy sell his Ranger with a 351C a few months ago because he got embarrassed. I know when more work is done to my engine, it'll perform just as good as a 302 or 350 based engine.

Thanks, I'm glad you found the point of this. I have ALWAYS done more with less, I can't afford over the top nice parts so I do homework and a ton of testing.

Nothing in this sport is easy, no victory is given, this isn't for the weak. Best of luck with your build.
Y'all might see me next year with another pot stirring thread. . . . I'm sure it'll get me banned lol

Thanks, I'm glad you found the point of this. I have ALWAYS done more with less, I can't afford over the top nice parts so I do homework and a ton of testing.

Nothing in this sport is easy, no victory is given, this isn't for the weak. Best of luck with your build.
Y'all might see me next year with another pot stirring thread. . . . I'm sure it'll get me banned lol

I'm in the same boat. I cannot step out and buy those super nice parts like others. I use to think that you have to go bankrupt for a decent setup, but you don't. I sit here and browse many threads to gain knowledge of going faster on a budget. So far, I've been extremely happy with the results.

I'll be looking forward to your threads. If you get banned, I'll get in touch with CNN. Lol!

Care to share more about this might teen? Don't worry bout the "we don't believe you unless its a 340/360 crowd", if they think like that they are probably going slow anyways lol

or is it a grudge deal too?

Care to share more about this might teen? Don't worry bout the "we don't believe you unless its a 340/360 crowd", if they think like that they are probably going slow anyways lol

or is it a grudge deal too?

The guys around here don't think its a 318 or stock because it sounds healthy and she screams.

'87 318 out of a Diplomat, Edelbrock 750, Weiand Action+Plus Manifold, Mallory Unilite, Summit Street/Strip Coil, Ram Manifolds w/ 2.25" Pipe & 4" Glasspacks, A904 w/ Manual Valve Body & Factory High Stall, 3.55 Gears

There is nothing special about my setup, but it works for me. I'm looking to install a camshaft in a couple of months to stay ahead of those guys that's doing work to beat me. One guy is bragging about spending around $3,000 so far and he's not finished yet. I feel so special :D

The guys around here don't think its a 318 or stock because it sounds healthy and she screams.

'87 318 out of a Diplomat, Edelbrock 750, Weiand Action+Plus Manifold, Mallory Unilite, Summit Street/Strip Coil, Ram Manifolds w/ 2.25" Pipe & 4" Glasspacks, A904 w/ Manual Valve Body & Factory High Stall, 3.55 Gears

There is nothing special about my setup, but it works for me. I'm looking to install a camshaft in a couple of months to stay ahead of those guys that's doing work to beat me. One guy is bragging about spending around $3,000 so far and he's not finished yet. I feel so special :D

Very simple and yet it works for you! Way to keep those brand x-er's scramblin! lol

-
Back