318 and 10's

-
3,600 lb. plus taken 2 or 3 years ago , I dont have any recent ones of him ,they are making about 50 more horse , he is running in the 10s now

[ame="http://youtu.be/FX4JV7DXDh0"]http://youtu.be/FX4JV7DXDh0[/ame]

3,600 lb. plus taken 2 or 3 years ago , I dont have any recent ones of him ,they are making about 50 more horse , he is running in the 10s now

http://youtu.be/FX4JV7DXDh0

Is that all motor?

(I see on YT you wrote "The wagon has 8.5 compression 318 with 1.7something intake valves, iron head, iron intake , thermoquad, don't know the verter stall PTC with 5.86 gears It is a NHRA Super Stock eliminator."

Is that all motor?

(I see on YT you wrote "The wagon has 8.5 compression 318 with 1.7something intake valves, iron head, iron intake , thermoquad, don't know the verter stall PTC with 5.86 gears It is a NHRA Super Stock eliminator."

all motor

this thread reminds me of my youth. lol the chevy boys and their 600 horse smallblocks.lol
smoked them all with my 383 fastback 35 years ago, same goes today. lol
I live to grudge race brand x cars. us Mopar guys need to stick together.

That is one quick Aspen wagon! Could you imagine that in a 3000 lbs duster??

i'm all about Mopar guys sticking together. I know a 318 will run that quick. But it don't run tens with the clock off, or a time slip. My view is motor is sold and in a completely different car/chassis setup so let's see that time slip.. What motor is going in next? 360?

i'm all about Mopar guys sticking together. I know a 318 will run that quick. But it don't run tens with the clock off, or a time slip. My view is motor is sold and in a completely different car/chassis setup so let's see that time slip.. What motor is going in next? 360?

I don't care if you believe it. I know what I got. Next is another small block.

I was really hoping a while back that swifter would a been down for that money race he called me out for, would have been some validation for non believers like yourself

The haterade is flowing hard through this thread....maybe people should stop thinking 318's have no potential and start realizing that it is them who have no potential to build a combo that can WORK, even with a 318! LOL!

The haterade is flowing hard through this thread....maybe people should stop thinking 318's have no potential and start realizing that it is them who have no potential to build a combo that can WORK, even with a 318! LOL!
The unbelievers were all over this thread, but I think some had disappointment in the fact that they were hoping for the combo on what cam, heads, etc. that had worked for him. I, too, was one thinking the combo and all would be displayed, but I never doubted from day one the car would turn 10's. Look at the stock eliminator class. Look at the Volare Wagon a few post above. 10 seconds without nitrious, with a TQ, cast intake, factory compression and lift. So, I think some thought they were going to get a combo to think about. But as the thread moved on, I understand that he wants to grudge race for $$$, and doesn't want all to be told. So, while the original post might have lead the believers a little in the wrong direction, the unbelievers can live their lives in ignorance... because that's exactly what it is... ignorance. It just never fails to amaze me how Ford guys believe in their Fox Body 302's, but so many mopar guys can't believe in the 318... Oh, well, not surprised anymore, Obama got a 2nd term too.. lol

cheeseland, here we come. how much money ya got. I'm sure there are many capable mopars willing to take your money. stick to brand X for your grudge match.
there is always someone faster, many!

http://youtu.be/FX4JV7DXDh0

It appears that volare wagon is a SS/NA....national record for that class is

SS/NA 10.88 122.35 09/19/13 Rick Ryan - Aberdeen, SD
'88 Olds Pierre, SD

So if he is running LOW 10s....he is alot faster then the national record...

the 7,05 in the 1/8 converts to a 11.10s.....in 1/4....friend in Vegas has a SS/NA wagon with 318...they run low 11s...

It appears that volare wagon is a SS/NA....national record for that class is

SS/NA 10.88 122.35 09/19/13 Rick Ryan - Aberdeen, SD
'88 Olds Pierre, SD

So if he is running LOW 10s....he is alot faster then the national record...

the 7,05 in the 1/8 converts to a 11.10s.....in 1/4....friend in Vegas has a SS/NA wagon with 318...they run low 11s...

but read the post, that video is 2 yrs old. since that video, approx. 50 horse has been added. Nobody claimed it ran low 10's, just 10's

correct...just 10s...sorry..misread..

was trying to read the class number on the car...can not make it out....I see the SS/NA...find the class number you can find what the car has run....

dont mean to be nickpicky...but if you are running 11.10s...and pick up 50 hp....how fast should you be running then?

cheeseland, here we come. how much money ya got. I'm sure there are many capable mopars willing to take your money. stick to brand X for your grudge match.
there is always someone faster, many!

It's winter.... I don't throw enough money around for a trip from Idaho to pay off, I bet within my means, if I can't afford to lose it I don't bet it. If ya really were set on a race I'd be fine. Pm me in the summer, stock stroke iron head full weight street car on pump gas and a small tire Cast intake single 4150. Of ccourse there's always someone faster lol I usually just cross my fingers it's me!! :)

your grudge is with Brand X, not me. I'm on your side, go get em!

I really don't see the big deal...quick 318's and 273's have been done many years ago. Spend enough time and effort on a combo and you can embarrass 90% of the yahoos at a typical T&T or on the street.

I really don't see the big deal...quick 318's and 273's have been done many years ago. Spend enough time and effort on a combo and you can embarrass 90% of the yahoos at a typical T&T or on the street.

451Cuda, you know it, I know it, many know it. But, if you read through this thread, comments like "if you say you have a 318 in 10's, you WILL be called out" (by swifter), or "its the internet, claim anything", and many disbelief comments piled up. But I say, plugged ears and covered eyes make a closed mind and ignorance lives on. Too many times its a slap to their own project and they take offence. Catch ya in the Chat room... lol

you should see the looks i get saying my slant is knocking on the door of 13's... only reason small motor's 273/318's dont get any respect is because people have to carry a bigger stick. Even though sometimes de-stroking and reving the piss out of it is a better deal...

The unbelievers were all over this thread, but I think some had disappointment in the fact that they were hoping for the combo on what cam, heads, etc. that had worked for him. I, too, was one thinking the combo and all would be displayed, but I never doubted from day one the car would turn 10's. Look at the stock eliminator class. Look at the Volare Wagon a few post above. 10 seconds without nitrious, with a TQ, cast intake, factory compression and lift. So, I think some thought they were going to get a combo to think about. But as the thread moved on, I understand that he wants to grudge race for $$$, and doesn't want all to be told. So, while the original post might have lead the believers a little in the wrong direction, the unbelievers can live their lives in ignorance... because that's exactly what it is... ignorance. It just never fails to amaze me how Ford guys believe in their Fox Body 302's, but so many mopar guys can't believe in the 318... Oh, well, not surprised anymore, Obama got a 2nd term too.. lol

This EXACTLY!!! That is what I have always thought of 318's...if the ford guys are content with little 302's, what the heck can be so bad about 16 more ci???

But I guess if it doesn't follow the typical mopar mentality of 340 is king, or 360 is awesome because of the stroke, it is just some unbelievable myth

you should see the looks i get saying my slant is knocking on the door of 13's... only reason small motor's 273/318's dont get any respect is because people have to carry a bigger stick. Even though sometimes de-stroking and reving the piss out of it is a better deal...

If you see me make a 9 second thread next year prepare for WWIII ...... nah I won't make another thread

If you see me make a 9 second thread next year prepare for WWIII ...... nah I won't make another thread

This has been so much fun, how can you resist not doing another??? lol. Wait, if you're not going to do it with a 318, then there won't be a problem. It will be accepted as the gospel truth with no doubts.... but IF you use a 318....... then WWIII bombs will fall.... all..... over.... Wisconsin... BOOOOM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:D

-
Back