318 and 10's

-
Said buddy has a name MikeyT

I know the weather in Washington is rainy and you all love your coffee up there, but simmer down dude. Maybe time for some decafe!

Now this started out as a fun thread that got personal real quick because swifter said BS, prove it and flashed $$$$! Was that some kind of joke? Now, maybe he is cocky, so what! I have personally seen the blood sweat and long hours he and his brother have put into making VG go! I also don't fault him for not telling you his secrets, since, if you really cared you would be putting the sweat equity in as well. Is he cocky, sure we all were at 23, doesn't mean he should bow to anyone for what he has done to his car

Mikey

"if you really cared you would be putting the sweat equity in as well."

ya what would I know about sweat equity?

[ame]http://youtu.be/aLTuGFWyDuw[/ame]

I am still being nice, I just want some up and up info. the OP said it runs faster than 10:99, then he said its got like a 150 shot, then he always runs "clocks off" and its a street car. So far, there has been no proof of anything other than he lost to a Camaro. It CAN be done, I have SEEN it done, but I have seen nothing but internet blabbing so far in this post.

I like it. Nice car with some well thought out details, different from what I do but still I appreciate it.

you bash me, I compliment you lol

I am still being nice, I just want some up and up info. the OP said it runs faster than 10:99, then he said its got like a 150 shot, then he always runs "clocks off" and its a street car. So far, there has been no proof of anything other than he lost to a Camaro. It CAN be done, I have SEEN it done, but I have seen nothing but internet blabbing so far in this post.

Car is broken. Not a lot I can do for you at the moment as much as I wish I could head to the track tomorrow it just can't happen. I've been laid off for 2 months now and I love having a place to live lol I'll get it back together and I'll provide video.... maybe a time slip but hard to say at the moment.

And I claimed nitrous from the beginning

Car is broken. Not a lot I can do for you at the moment as much as I wish I could head to the track tomorrow it just can't happen. I've been laid off for 2 months now and I love having a place to live lol I'll get it back together and I'll provide video.... maybe a time slip but hard to say at the moment.

And I claimed nitrous from the beginning
Nice... and you also said this 3300 lb plus car runs like what? 12.50 off the spray? with a 1.80ish 60 ft? and your 150 shot puts it below 10:90 correct? and that it traps "over 125mph" I think you said....correct any miss quotes I made here sir........ just trying to get a handle on this whole thing

Nice... and you also said this 3300 lb plus car runs like what? 12.50 off the spray? with a 1.80ish 60 ft? and your 150 shot puts it below 10:90 correct? and that it traps "over 125mph" I think you said....correct any miss quotes I made here sir........ just trying to get a handle on this whole thing

I think I did say 125 but it may have been 124.8 or .9 if it's make or break. Would have to check the slips.

On the side of my block it says 318. 10.85 @ 126 with a weight of 3800 lbs and N/A.

On the side of my block it says 318. 10.85 @ 126 with a weight of 3800 lbs and N/A.
good for you, whats your point? you didn't start this post, why don't you start a post of your own? NONE of us were discussing your car:wack:

good for you, whats your point? you didn't start this post, why don't you start a post of your own? NONE of us were discussing your car:wack:

I guess my point is this,

Spareparts started a thread asking if people have seen a "318 and 10's".

Now from what I understand, he is asking people to comment on this topic?

If I don't start this post, I can't comment? You didn't start this post but still commented?????

And NONE of us are talking about my car, I never asked anybody to talk about my car, just stating that it can be done.

Hey 79410aspenrt!!! Nice looking car! It obviously runs Great too! The 1st post asks for 318's in the 10's, and if anyone knows of or has one!! Thanks for posting yours (even if a stroker) and that is what Spareparts asked. Glad you joined the conversation! The arguments have spawned a "grudge" of rudeness and most have forgotten the original question posted by the one that started the thread! As for me, I like you car and am having a blast with this whole thread.... LOL

I think this whole discussion is about a stock stroke 318, though. A 4" stroked 318 is a 390, and making power on a 4" stroke is stupid easy.

rnaz, I think "stupid easy" is a little out of line. I don't see 10 second (390's) all over the place (or even at the drag strip). I think a 10 second street car with a small block is impressive, and especially if it's done without nitrous. How about it, 79aspenrt, more details???

What parts do you need to get goingDylan--Steve

Well I have a new 30 spline spool and could just order axles but I think I'll take this time and upgrade to 35 spline axles, they would work much better with the 360 and then the following W9 small block.

I'm enjoying music today :rock:
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bWUPixNTXLA"]Dwight Yoakam and Buck Owens Streets Of Bakersfield 1988 - YouTube[/ame]

Pretty Sure Aspen's is a 390 but i might be speaking out of turn.
On the numbers posted - if it's a nitrous car (albeit a small plate) the ET/MPH would read like a turbo/centrifugal supercharger car. It's hard to say given no other info but it's entirely plausible.

love this car you got,..my uncle bought one new in '79 just like it sept 360 police package an factory stall,..72,000 miles on it now but been sitting alot since '92..real attention getter an gurl magnet,...guess thay get tired of slowmaro's an 5.0's...lol

back in the day my uncle had a 318 3 speed duster all cam'd up with j heads big holley,..headers,..was hell in the 8th,..skerred oft lotta cars round here,..beat most of them...

like this thread too,..max'in out a 318 in a duster or 2 is defiantly on my to-do list a couple times but in the 8th!

rnaz, I think "stupid easy" is a little out of line. I don't see 10 second (390's) all over the place (or even at the drag strip). I think a 10 second street car with a small block is impressive, and especially if it's done without nitrous. How about it, 79aspenrt, more details???

The only reason you don't see them is because people don't build them too often. A 390 is virtually the same engine as a 408. Especially the Magnum headed ones. (Which I'm running).

My junk went high 12's on a 2.76 open diff, street radials, and no spray with a 390, and I drive it to the track.

I'm running 3.23's and a sure grip now, but I haven't made it back to the track yet to check the difference.

Rnaz, .815" more stroke then 3.31".

A good friend of mine ran 10.40's with a stock stroke 318" with spray. It can be done and has been done.

I like the idea of spareparts running a 318". Kinda cool if you ask me!

I spent more $$$ then spareparts to run 10's N/A with a small block. I wanted to run 10's, stay with a small block, and in my heavy car.

A good friend of mine ran 10.40's with a stock stroke 318" with spray. It can be done and has been done.

I spent more $$$ then spareparts to run 10's N/A with a small block. I wanted to run 10's, stay with a small block, and in my heavy car.

That cranks got more swing than the MLB!!!! How do you make it live? Filled block? Real deal stock block?

Thanks for the compliment

LOL! I figured as much.

That cranks got more swing than the MLB!!!! How do you make it live? Filled block? Real deal stock block?

Thanks for the compliment

A half fill, proper cooling, and a good balance go a long way.

I'm running one of those "junk" Magnum blocks that apparently turn into a grenade at 600hp, but I've put WAY more than 600 on spray through it already, and that was while pushing a 5,000lb 4x4 truck into the 12's before it went into the Dart.

-
Back