318 and 10's

-
the drum wont explode in a 904, in fact the trans will work fine, for a while...after I broke a ring gear..I put another 4 or 5 passes on the trans before it started to make noise.

the rollers and springs will just be coming out of the sprag....and then will will start making a metallic noise...

Haven't changed my tune at all 318,Just dealing in the truth,Dylan and I have been pming each other and he's a good guy,I'll still go down the track anyday anytime not afraid to lose it happens,We are new to this and caught the bug of going straight as fast as you can this year,And by the way it's not only the 22 cubes as you stated above with the 340--they are two different motors,If your going to come on here and say you have a 318 that runs 10's you WILL be questioned,That's like saying my 426 hemi is the same as it was stock at 345 it's not the same--Steve

Swifter, Swifter! C'mon, man! Hmmm. Ok, please tell me what else is different besides the bore. Please... I know the heads and cam, intake and carb from the factory, but that's direct bolt on stuff that ALL interchanges. So the block is the story! the rods, rod angle, crank and stroke are ALL identical. How is this comparing 426 to a 345????? Oh, your tune has changed, we ALL can read your first post... perhaps you should go and read it. It was doubt, meet and bring money, and anyone can say anything (just short of calling him a liar). P.S. Why would he need to put a 4-speed in his car??? LoL

Swifter... By the way, glad the performance bug bit you. You are off to a good start at 11.30's (by the way, nobody has question that). Glad your doing the 1320 dance!! And remember, no one states the 318 is the best choice, but it IS a choice. Your statement of "you WILL be questioned if you run 10's with a 318" proves the mentality of many mopar fans... pure unbelief!!! Oh, just so you know, out ran a T/A six pack 340 with a 318 TQ (stock crank and bore) in a dart with 3.21 gears. Learn respect or you might see taillights.... from a 318!!!!!!!!!!!!

Glad the rear's straight and been stabilized. I would check the trans too tho. Especially because now you have some time. The designs of the 727 and 904 are identical as far as the reasons why and how the drum can explode.

Well I guess I'll check the trans out. It's a bolt it spray if that matters. I'll call my trans guy and consult him. I'm really not an expert on the internals of them, it's the only part of the car I can't do myself :/

Mopardude318 you can post elsewhere thank you.

Good luck Dylan--Hope our path's cross--We'll be at the next rsd at gld and up at Kaukana,I'm out see ya

Good luck Dylan--Hope our path's cross--We'll be at the next rsd at gld and up at Kaukana,I'm out see ya

If things come together I'll be at RSD at GLD idk if you've been to both before but Kaukana is MUCH friendlier. GLD is much more of a grudge atmosphere and the tight lips are plentiful.

"Mopardude318 you can post elsewhere thank you."

This, coming from a punk kid that joins the forum and has contributed nothing but starting a pissing match about his car and how great it is. You have been a cocky little prick from the first post. so you got a 318 into the 10s. :prayer: lets all bow down and kiss your feet. you started this whole thread with you patting your own back. then you dont give any details and are completely arrogant with your responses. Then what im guessing is your buddy jumps on the band wagon and strokes your ego too. grow up!

You sir are correct, WE are pissed off that someone let the cat out of the bag.... 318s, plus big nitrous loads can run tens... Nobody knew that the mighty 318 was a top secret combo that could churn out world beating power with a power adder. The orig poster is the first ever to go so fast with so little. Except for stock fox body 5.0s with minor mods of course.

your sarcasm actually sucks big time....best part is he never said it was a stock 318, or junkyard motor at that either, but everyone is making it look like he waved a magic wand over the motor, claims 10's, and is now bullshitting.

if he ain't getting it done with a purple cam and x heads, its JUNK

the door's open....dont let it hit ur *** on the way out. :)

ain't no way it will considering how fast I will be outta here like last time...I logged back on here after a LONG time to sell parts, sometimes I lurk, and its still the same ****.

Dylan is a good guy...me and him have talked via pm's from a couple years ago...I just re-read his first post and I don't see any sarcasm but a genuine question and starting some discussion...All the guys here who read it as an attack or him being a smart *** are either missing a screw or just jealous their own junk, 318 or not, doesn't run as fast.

Dylan, I don't know how you last in this place...way too many jokes to take it seriously.

OUT!

You know, there used to be a car around this area, think it was even featured in mopar action, that was a 67-69 dart, and he ran a 273, I think it said "darn dart" on the side and as I recall, ran high 10s in the 1/4, no power adders. So yes it is possible, its been done, its simple physics..The problem is when someone comes on here all puffed up about there cheap 318 that's so fast, then produces NO timeslips, and even comment that he allways runs with the clocks off...makes you wonder what the point really is.

This, coming from a punk kid that joins the forum and has contributed nothing but starting a pissing match about his car and how great it is. You have been a cocky little prick from the first post. so you got a 318 into the 10s. :prayer: lets all bow down and kiss your feet. you started this whole thread with you patting your own back. then you dont give any details and are completely arrogant with your responses. Then what im guessing is your buddy jumps on the band wagon and strokes your ego too. grow up!

Funny guy. You must really have something. So by not wanting a whole nother argument to start I'm a "cocky little prick"? You're a joke, enjoy your life bro. If I've done nothing here, what have you done?
At least I haven't had to resort to name calling to feel good about myself on the Internet lol

You know, there used to be a car around this area, think it was even featured in mopar action, that was a 67-69 dart, and he ran a 273, I think it said "darn dart" on the side and as I recall, ran high 10s in the 1/4, no power adders. So yes it is possible, its been done, its simple physics..The problem is when someone comes on here all puffed up about there cheap 318 that's so fast, then produces NO timeslips, and even comment that he allways runs with the clocks off...makes you wonder what the point really is.

Point was to get folks thinking about an often overlooked platform. The 10 second on nuts 273 would be SWEET!!! I love the chest puffed up comment lol am I proud of my accomplishments? Yes I am, shouldn't I be? I could have just bought a 98+ F body and built a catalog car like most my age but I did it through research and sweat. Nobody has a penny in this thing but me and I'm no rich kid, actually I'm just a sheet metal worker.

Ah, your a sheet metal worker......that explains it...

I'm truly just kidding SP. My mentor in the early 70's hammered tin as well. It was always a inside joke with us as I became a plumber for a years.

I really am interested in how you do things, although you are hesitant to divulge your secrets, which I understand. I'm sure there were some that wondered who I thought I was when I first came here. I'm willing to start with a fresh attitude and hope we can get along fine.

Said buddy has a name MikeyT

I know the weather in Washington is rainy and you all love your coffee up there, but simmer down dude. Maybe time for some decafe!

Now this started out as a fun thread that got personal real quick because swifter said BS, prove it and flashed $$$$! Was that some kind of joke? Now, maybe he is cocky, so what! I have personally seen the blood sweat and long hours he and his brother have put into making VG go! I also don't fault him for not telling you his secrets, since, if you really cared you would be putting the sweat equity in as well. Is he cocky, sure we all were at 23, doesn't mean he should bow to anyone for what he has done to his car

Mikey

Ah, your a sheet metal worker......that explains it...

I'm truly just kidding SP. My mentor in the early 70's hammered tin as well. It was always a inside joke with us as I became a plumber for a years.

I really am interested in how you do things, although you are hesitant to divulge your secrets, which I understand. I'm sure there were some that wondered who I thought I was when I first came here. I'm willing to start with a fresh attitude and hope we can get along fine.

Oh man not a poo transporter! :D

How I do things, as simple as possible! I'm hesitant to share mainly because I do keep rather quiet about the car (apparently this is what happens if I talk about it) because I didn't have anyone to hold my hand as I'm sure you can respect, I had to get out there and think and test. One of the reasons this thread is here is to show that we don't all need 4" cranks and nice aluminum heads and catalog suspensions to achieve our goals if we are just willing to commit and make an effort.

Oh man not a poo transporter! :D

How I do things, as simple as possible! I'm hesitant to share mainly because I do keep rather quiet about the car (apparently this is what happens if I talk about it) because I didn't have anyone to hold my hand as I'm sure you can respect, I had to get out there and think and test. One of the reasons this thread is here is to show that we don't all need 4" cranks and nice aluminum heads and catalog suspensions to achieve our goals if we are just willing to commit and make an effort.

Yea I was a poo guy...lol. New construction for years and the winters in the Wash DC area took it's toll pretty quick.

I don't know if i'll ever build a car again, but I have a lot of paper builds in my head, and the majority are along the same lines as what your doing. Most of my experience was way before stroker cranks and aluminum heads. Yea they were around then, but only for the privileged. Get that rear done, checkout the trans, and let us know how things go.

Keep at it young man...:thumbrig:.

Yet you are doing enough of both.....

When did I sling any mud? Never called anyone anything. Sorry if it's offended you and is unsatisfactory to your reading standards. I do sincerely hope you will forgive me. . . . hug it out?

-
Back