318 and 10's

-
3340 with me in it.
Nice!

Gears?
Transmission?

What are you running there?

I'm running a 904 with 3.23 gears behind a 390 with 11:1 compression and a nitrous friendly cam, and I expect it to go mid-high 11's on motor.

No magic, just lots of time tweaking and testing and brain storming and some broken parts here and there. Would have run faster last night but either the rear end or something in the transmission gave up atthe hit

Nice!

Gears?
Transmission?

What are you running there?

I'm running a 904 with 3.23 gears behind a 390 with 11:1 compression and a nitrous friendly cam, and I expect it to go mid-high 11's on motor.

904, with this motor it stalls about 4,000 and it's got a 4.30 gear in it now but may bump it up to a 4.56 and see if it likes it.

Looking forward to more details, as I have a hot 318 I'll be putting in a car, looking for more go fast setup secrets.

904, with this motor it stalls about 4,000 and it's got a 4.30 gear in it now but may bump it up to a 4.56 and see if it likes it.
Nice! I like my 904, but 4.56 gears are pretty deep for street driving. I guess it all depends on what you can tolerate, and what you like.

Well apparently the 318 on the gun was too much for the Dr. Diff axles. 40 year old posi unit held up somehow but it sheared an axle right off. Time to rebuild and try again....

.... wouldn't a single digit 318 street car be cool?

Well apparently the 318 on the gun was too much for the Dr. Diff axles. 40 year old posi unit held up somehow but it sheared an axle right off. Time to rebuild and try again....

.... wouldn't a single digit 318 street car be cool?
extremely!!!!

Ok if this is true ,I'm in wis. and will meet you at great lakes and will bring my full dress show duster and we'll put some $$$$$$$$$$$$ on the line and see who flashes the win light first and we have 6 passes on our car and don't know what we are doing and just learning and setting up the car to go straight,Anyone can say anything on here including me,I'm calling you out right here right now---Let's do it !!!!!!!!! Steve a.k.a swifter

the 318 was too much for Dr. Diff axles--LOL---Pics please

so I take your secret code talking your shooting a 150 shot at a bone stock junkyard motor--Right????? with a 4000 stall converter,so a maybe 300horse motor snapped a axle-----HUM---Slicks?????

It's the internet. My '65 runs 10s all day with the 170 in it. There - I let the cat out of the bag...

It's the internet. My '65 runs 10s all day with the 170 in it. There - I let the cat out of the bag...

LOL!!!!

My block still says 318 on the side. I can claim it's a 318, right?

Don't get me wrong - I'd be ecstatic to see and hear about something like this - but I'll be a skeptic until there's some witnesses and video/pictures.

Why, MOPAR, can't a 318 run in the 10's without nitro? What I've seen is people aren't having any luck with their own project, so someone else is lying? I seen a Volare at the drag way with a built 340 and 411 gears run 14.50's. My brothers throw-to-gather 318 (all used 340 cam and 360 heads and TQ on a cast intake) in a 76 Dart ran a 14.40 at 96 mph with 321 gears and a stock converter! The guy with the Volare said he didn't have enough gears.... Hmmm?? Some people can and some can't!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Why, MOPAR, can't a 318 run in the 10's without nitro? What I've seen is people aren't having any luck with their own project, so someone else is lying? I seen a Volare at the drag way with a built 340 and 411 gears run 14.50's. My brothers throw-to-gather 318 (all used 340 cam and 360 heads and TQ on a cast intake) in a 76 Dart ran a 14.40 at 96 mph with 321 gears and a stock converter! The guy with the Volare said he didn't have enough gears.... Hmmm?? Some people can and some can't!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Nitrous not Nitro.....

and 14s are a long way from 10s...

Ok if this is true ,I'm in wis. and will meet you at great lakes and will bring my full dress show duster and we'll put some $$$$$$$$$$$$ on the line and see who flashes the win light first and we have 6 passes on our car and don't know what we are doing and just learning and setting up the car to go straight,Anyone can say anything on here including me,I'm calling you out right here right now---Let's do it !!!!!!!!! Steve a.k.a swifter

I love a good grudge race. Don't get so salty man. Let's hear some details on the show car. I remember when I won some A body classes at local mopar shows.

It was on a drag radial. If it will help you sleep at night I'll sell you the motor and you can see what it runs for you?

All in fun!!! Just saying, if we believed in our 318 as much as the Chevy guys believe in their 302 Camaro, there would be more 10 second 318's at the strip!

Let's see some video! A guy with this much ego would surely have video of his underdog slaying high dollar rides.

318 + 10's = 5 grand. You could work the same stuff and be faster off with a 360.

Let's see some video! A guy with this much ego would surely have video of his underdog slaying high dollar rides.

Swifter right? I didn't come on with an ego. I don't have video with the 318, it's only been to the track twice and I don't even have a video camera lol I am not good with technology. I'll post a video of my 360 losing to a LS1 car.

now I am laughing, SpareParts!! A 10 second 318 has the "mopar nation" shaking! LOL!!! Man, you been accused of having an "ego", a race for a purse, and whatever!!! Glad you started this thread.

-
Back