318 for 12.80 bracket car

-
I do not see this as a realilistic build for 99% of the people out there.

You mean like the Chevy electric water pump they converted for the 318? LOL!

I did think the breather cap on the fuel pump opening was a nice touch.

Short answer, yes.

That was just a sipmple use of what was on hand and making it fit on the cheap. I like a craftsman being able to adapt/create what he needs for the moment.

We all know there electric pumps like that for the MoPars. He just didn't wanna spend the cash on one when he could adapt one. Otherwise, I have seen electric pumps on the street. How everyday they are I don't know.

other than the 2.02 valves,my 318 is a match to the hotrod build,but with the windage tray and rebuilt .030 over bottom end of the other build.Also,my cam is a little larger lunativoodoo cam,so we will see if im close to the 400 hp mark.I sure hope so!

WELLLLLLLLLLLL!!!!

I desided I am gonna build a 470 Stroker.

470 Stroker kit from Indy
3.90 Eagle crank
6.76 Eagle H-beam rods
1.25 C.H. flat top forged pistons
Eddy RPM heads
Mild cam (WANT power brakes)
RPM dual plane
850 DP

I think I should be able to run a mid 12. :toothy10:

WELLLLLLLLLLLL!!!!

I desided I am gonna build a 470 Stroker.

470 Stroker kit from Indy
3.90 Eagle crank
6.76 Eagle H-beam rods
1.25 C.H. flat top forged pistons
Eddy RPM heads
Mild cam (WANT power brakes)
RPM dual plane
850 DP

I think I should be able to run a mid 12. :toothy10:

Sounds nice. Have you priced it all up? If so, spill it. LOL

Sounds nice. Have you priced it all up? If so, spill it. LOL

LOL! Not yet! Just been swiping the card! I don't wanna look.

MAchine work - still to be determined
470 stroker kit - $1500
RPM heads - $1500
RPM intake - $260
Comp cams K kit - $460
ect. - $$$$$
Ect. $$$$$

Yeah my budget is longggggg gone!!!

But I sat down and had a good long talk with myself about it and desided you only have one life to live your dreams! Plus the wife said its cool!! :-D

haha nice azzhat. thats the prob with the some in the MoPar world.. to many haters.:thebirdm:
now when GM finally does buyout Chrysler.. I'll still Love yah. :-D
anyways..
300,400 hp 318s can be done. NOT easily tho, for those who think it is, keep dreaming.
but i suppose with enuff $$$ 318 could be king. super/turbocharging is ur best bet.
cheers
PS
I guy I know is finishing up his Scamp with a 351 ford in it. I promise it will kick 99.8% of
318 Butts out there lol.
have a great day.

Dude, your either the biggest Jackass or the stupidest one. 400+hp from a 318 is cake and not exspensive at all! You should know, you put a 360 in a chubby. Or is that a 350 with a bore? if not why use a Mopar engine? was the Chevy not good enough?????? Hum....makes you think.
By the way, i myself would like to run my teen against your buddies Ferd powerd scamp, im sure my other buddy, with his teen wouldnt mind either. Oh, by the way, his teen does 11's. lol
The bottom line is, its all on how its built. You dont have to spend alot to make a teen run and run hard! And to all the 318 lovers and defenders on this board. KEEP it UP!

I have been running 318s since 290hp polyheads were new. I've had many that ran in the 12's. One nice 323 that ran 11.80's. The one I'm running now is an all stock block with a mild cam .470 lift, 273 heads an a 650 cfm holly with a mallory dual point. In a 3000 lb dart 12.85 @ 105 . How quick can a 318 run? How big is your bank account.

You could have got your 12.80 goal easily without buildong a 470" monster. A friend of mine has a 75 duster with a 318, 4 speed slick shift. His 318 has work bench ported small valve heads, Edelbrock LD4B intake, 650?demon carb, .484 cam, stock valvetrain, 83/4 with a 4.30 gear and he's been 12.78 on street tires with an MSD 6AL box, now he got bright and got a pro billit like me. the 470 will rip no doubt, but c'mon somebody's gotta do it for the 318 :cheers: Hell my 360 with my new Coan 10'' 3000-3500 stall and Reverse manual VB when finally tuned in right should go hi 12's still with an iron intake and stock heads (i think they're like 587 cast? i don't remember tho)

-
Back