318 rebuild, whats the best combo?

-
HawaiiDuster said:
They actually make a few different ones for the mopars now. Check this out, this is what you need if you want to keep it looking mopar and still have a MSD.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=33691&item=2480729536&rd=1
If you had this problem a month ago, I would have had a MSD 6A to give you, I gave away 3 of them. I changed over the 6AL and 6ALN in the black Mopar Performance versions.
Ok lets get this straight if i i had your dist.and that MSD mopar box i would be set up for good?What else would i need to do i dont know crap about this elec crap i get shocked every time im not good with elec. stuff! :roll: with what u will give me i dont need anything but that box?!

As far as you ignition goes, that should do it. You already have the MSD coil, MSD 6AL, and electronic distributor, and you should have an ignition system that should be good enough to fire even Bretts engine. If you get to that level all you might want to change is to get the MSD distributor #8534. You can check out all the MSD stuff here:
http://www.msdignition.com

HawaiiDuster said:
As far as you ignition goes, that should do it. You already have the MSD coil, MSD 6AL, and electronic distributor, and you should have an ignition system that should be good enough to fire even Bretts engine. If you get to that level all you might want to change is to get the MSD distributor #8534. You can check out all the MSD stuff here:
http://www.msdignition.com
U hav the MP dist right?now i hav the the stock points crap and aside from my new MSD coil and MSD Ballast Resistors thats all that iv done to the the elec stuff!is that good for what youll give me or do i need more stuff?do i stillneed the Ballast Resistors with the MSD box?Thanks Hawaii

Don't need the ballast resistor. I've never run one since I've running a MSD. PM me with your address before the end of the week if you want to do it. I'm leaving the island on Friday and looks like I might not be back for at least a month.

If you want performance on a budget you may as well start off with a 360. this would be much better in a street car. There is no substitute for cubic inches.

fastbackcuda said:
those would also work but are probably overkill on such a mild 318. Also that the price per bare head so you'll need to order 2 of them then by valves, seals,springs,retainers and locks.

The regular magnum heads are about $650 a pair complete. CarCraft built a 318 that made 400 horse with stock magnum heads.

do you have anyway i could read that article? a link or something?
thats a lot of power from a 318...

what a killer article...
i havent finished it yet, but i would love to have that kind of power under the hood... huge sleeper effect. i think my car is plenty quick to beat a little street racer now, but i bet i could kill a lot more with 400+ horses...

man, im glad i got a bank checking account w/ a check card. now i can save my money and order my parts off the net.... i cant wait to get all the parts for my car and start building the motor too... body work then motor... cant wait!!

-
Back