318 to 360 swap

-

Snake

Mopar Nut
Reaction score
Can I use my 318 upper and lower pullies and brackets and swap to my 360,are there and mods to get things lined up.

Can I use my 318 upper and lower pullies and brackets and swap to my 360,are there and mods to get things lined up.

I run the pulleys from the original 318 that was in my duster,on my 360 no issues with them...

I just made the switch you have to change the oil pan thats all. everything else will bolt right up.

Yep got the pan couvered.Thanksssssssssssss

If the lower pulley doesn't seem to line up for all the bolt holes one may need to be slotted a bit with a file. I think some of the internal balance cranks had one hole a little offset. I put a two groove pulley on my motor and one didn't quite line up.

360 pan is different than 273-318-340 pan, and not interchangeable. Must use 360 pan on 360.

Can anyone tell me what the deal is with the motor mounts from a 318 to 360 swap.The mounts off my 318 will not bolt up to my 360,so I will need to get new mounts I suppose but from what.

if your using the spool type mounts the dodge diplomat had a 360 in there squad cars, parts stores can get them for that or just order for a later model dart with factory 360

The 340/360 blocks had slightly different mounting ears than the 273/318. If you are using the 67-72 "biscuit" type k-member, you will need 340-360 mount brackets for your engine. Either try to find some factory 340 parts (good luck) or order reproductions from Schumacher.

I was able to cut a piece of steel and weld up an ear with bolt hole on the drivers side.The passenger side bolted right up.After sitting the engine in and bolting up the trans everything looks and sits ok.Now for the summit racing brand headers,why will they not fit my car.There just seems to be not enough room to run headers on this car.Will the 318 manifolds work on my 360,looks as if they will.Thanks, Eddie.

Stock 318 manifolds will work on 360 and there are worse things than stock A body manifolds. My guess is that you are going to want headers. Need to breathe on a big dude like a 360. Try dropping you drag or center link and maybe your pitman arm before stabbing the motor. Loose the starter too. Its been a long time but I can remember having some anger management issues when putting mine on. It's a tight fit but worth it in horses and sound!

-
Back