318... to stroke or not to stroke???

-
Update.... There have been several set backs in this adventure and I'm still not out of the woods yet. The first machinist didn't do things right, so I had to go back to square one. Ended up having to cut a dish in the listings, so I could run 93 octane. First machinist assured me it would never get anywhere close to 12:1 ccompression. We'll my new machinist actually did the math and it was 12.2:1! Then there is the problem with Odessa cylinder head. We took the heads apart and they installed 2.02 valves in a pocket cut for 1.94 and a throat cut for 1.88.... And not to mention the 5/16 valves in the 8mm guides. So now I have to do a valve job and dream and reinstall new guides for the valves..... But I did get the 8.75 swap complete and the 727 swap is almost done

Progress is progress. Hopefully the new guy gets the parts to work together right.

Oh yeah the new guy is honest and knows his stuff... We're just about to get it done. Hopefully it will be done and running by the end of the month

Well I got the long block back from my machinist, and the heads should be done by Friday. A word of caution to those who may want to run magnum heads on a LA block, the comp cams 1425 kit includes 1.6 ratio adjustable rockers and pushrods. However the pushrods are 6.8" long and not 7.5" the 6.8 length is for a roller lifter had the 7.5 is needed for hydraulic flat tappet lifters

-
Back