Status
Not open for further replies.

moparkrazed

Moparkrazed
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Contact seller
Hello, might be looking for a 318 engine. I have a 1983 318 that was supposed to be a good motor and just a carb. So far I've thrown everything at, even replacing snapped off bolts I find here and there, and i still cant get it to work. Having an issue getting the bolt back in the crank so I can put the harmonic balencer back on but need to tap the hole out tomorrow. If anyone has a 318 that runs and is around South Carolina let me know, I'll travel some if I need to. Thanks btw this would be going into a 1975 dodge dart swinger.

No idea, I hit the bolt with an impact enough to take out by hand and now cant get bolt back in. Threads seem fine, weirdest thing I've seen.

Lube the threads on the bolt with oil and screw it in by hand only while pushing the bolt inward as hard as you can.

You might try running a bottoming tap in each threaded hole , to clean out the threads. Then blow them out with compressed air.
I never use an impact on crucial engine threads/bolts.
Dave

You might try running a bottoming tap in each threaded hole , to clean out the threads. Then blow them out with compressed air.
I never use an impact on crucial engine threads/bolts.
Dave
Inwas able to tap it out today and got the harmonic balencer back on but motor still not running. Think I'll rebuild it but definitely going to replace it for now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back