340 cast crank flywheel

-
someones got to know ? i would just drill the hole but if its wrong i dont want my new flywheel to be ruined ,

money is starting to get tight and i just wanna drive!

I would ask a local machine shop that does balancing if they would do it and how much. As far as I know there were no factory cast crank 340 four speeds, they were all forged cranks.

I would ask a local machine shop that does balancing if they would do it and how much. As far as I know there were no factory cast crank 340 four speeds, they were all forged cranks.
cast cranks were only used for a year and a half so there isnt many of them but there are 4 speeds with the cast crank all 73 340 4 speeds were cast, i have found posts were people have a 73 340 4 spd and its all numbers matching and they have cast cranks.

but all i need is confirmation that someone has drilled that hole in a neutral balanced flywheel and it worked , i may just try and get it done anyways if no1 tells me it does or doesnt work and see for myself because i need this vibration fixed

tarrin the part number for cast crank flywheel is 3681639. this is the oem number. i'm going to check the number i have on one in my garage right now and i'll get back to you

hey tarrin, the flywheel i have here is for a steel crank. now instead of wrecking your new flywheel, just drill the one that is in there. tell doug i have the picture in my direct connection chassis book that shows where and how deep you have to drill the flywheel.

a 73 340 4 speed was built and it did have a cast crank. i would just look for a cast crank flywheel for a 340. p4529110 from mopar performance for cast crank external balance 340-360. brewers performance has a weight kit for the mcleod flywheel part # on the flywheel is fw102 (http://www.brewersperformance.com/proddetail.asp?prod=FW102) the weight kit from brewers is(http://www.brewersperformance.com/p...t on the opposite side of were they should be

yeah he just came by and i gave him a the old direct connection book. we should be able to figure it out now i think

-
Back