340 dart build

-

elitesrock2

Reaction score
Putting together my dart right now for next year and I have a few questions.
1. what clutch do you guys recommend?
2.carb cfm for street going to do a qft double pumper. looking at their annular discharge units too.
3.max size dot slick from hoosier most these cars will take without a minitub.
engine is a 340 with a performer rpm airgap intake ported, set of edelbrock rpm heads ported with 2.02 valves, comp solid roller 280 242/248 at .050 10:1 compression, forged rotating assembly and 1.5 harlands. tti exhaust. looking at around 450-500 hp output I believe.
this car will be street driven alot hence the dot slicks. 4.56 geared 8 3/4. non od 4 speed.
going to be running 15 inch wheels. most likely the aluminum mag 500s depending on what offset i end up needing. will have super stock springs as well.
car is in process of paint right now so i'm getting the powertrain together.

I'm not sure what others recommend?
I have a centerforce behind a 340 In my cuda with ported edelbrocks and it seems to work well ?
Good luck with the build !@

Sounds like you are going to have a fantastic ride. Call the folks at Brewer performance. They are Mopar 4 speed experts, and they can help you select the perfect clutch.

Centerforce DF
750(+) DP
Check wheels and tires dorum sticky up top for tire fitment. *I think* a 28 X 9 will fit in. Double check that and wheel off set amount.(IIRC, 4-1/2 off set)

-
Back