340 dual point??

-
I would think a restorer would like to have that.
Yep. But the funny thing is some restorers want only certain things correct and not others. Like the correct paint overspray but not the correct distributor or wipers. Makes me scratch my head, but that's their preferences.

I'd be interested in the 273 dual point just because I want to run one in 1/4 mile and then compare with an magnetic pickup with similar curve. Probably use the MSD 6 because that's what I have set up but I do have a older MP ECU too. Its not a next week project but its definately one I want to do. @junkyardhero Got another one of them tin foil hats I could borrow?

Yep. But the funny thing is some restorers want only certain things correct and not others. Like the correct paint overspray but not the correct distributor or wipers. Makes me scratch my head, but that's their preferences.

I'd be interested in the 273 dual point just because I want to run one in 1/4 mile and then compare with an magnetic pickup with similar curve. Probably use the MSD 6 because that's what I have set up but I do have a older MP ECU too. Its not a next week project but its definately one I want to do. @junkyardhero Got another one of them tin foil hats I could borrow?
c'mon over and we'll crack a 12'er and i'll bust out the snips and we can make al-loo-mini-umm sombreros!

I’m currently running a stock style smallblock distributor with a mag pickup that has been recurved with the Mr. Gasket springs, the long tip rotor and an 8 pin HEI module with the matching Ecore coil.
It’s been flawless for years, and I really can’t imagine changing.

But I have another brand new distributor with the hall sensor, male terminals and red 10mm wires that keeps whispering in my ear.
I just have a hard time messing with what’s working.

I’m currently running a stock style smallblock distributor with a mag pickup that has been recurved with the Mr. Gasket springs, the long tip rotor and an 8 pin HEI module with the matching Ecore coil.
It’s been flawless for years, and I really can’t imagine changing.

But I have another brand new distributor with the hall sensor, male terminals and red 10mm wires that keeps whispering in my ear.
I just have a hard time messing with what’s working.

Especially with little or no gain.

frodee tin foil.jpg

some types of class racing may require a whole "must be original or from the time period" type of deal.

anyway, have fun with your new fangled electromatronic ignition. when that big EDM blast comes, i'll still be cruising around in my 3/4 race cam 318 with 3500 stall and 3,91's because them points still be clickin' big chicken!

*adjusts tin foil hat*
I have one for my car on standby, for same reason. As much as those in charge deceive us, occasionally they throw in something that sortof sounds plausible. So then, if my fancy Direct-Injected, DOHC, twin phasered SFI hotrod Orlando won't start after one of them EMPs goes thru the land, well, my dualpoint 367 is gonna keep right on rolling.
Take that you EV car. They'll all be useless.
If yur gonna horde something, let it be gasoline. Enough to get you to your cabin in the woods far away from civilization; you have one of those in Wyoming right? or N.Dakota, right? Or maybe you got a little hide out in Texas, right? Just make sure you got water nearby.
lol.

Funny....my 1954 Little Red Ram Hemi came with a factory duel point....just changed out the points two weeks ago....no prob....
I do not know why people still mess with points ign, unless it is a true 100% rest deal.
What's next, modifying the front of the engine so it can be started with a crank handle...

Funny....my 1954 Little Red Ram Hemi came with a factory duel point....just changed out the points two weeks ago....no prob....
My 241 has one too. Probably the same parts that are in my 273 dual point. In fact the distributor will probably interchange.

I still have an original dual point distributor for my 340, but I ran the electronic ignition for decades when my original distributor shaft bushing wore out and the timing started wandering all over the place. The electronic ignition ran well to at least 6500 rpm which was about the limit I would take my 340. In good condition, both work fine. But parts are more available for the electronic ignition.

-
Back