-
Status
Not open for further replies.

71dusterdan

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Contact seller
Hey guys, I have a problem....I have a clean low mile 71 340 complete pan to TQ! I got it on a whim, and was kind of talked into it! My problem is that I really want everything associated with a modern 5.9 magnum. I want a/c, cruise, easy starts, economy(within reason) f.i. So I cant find a 5.9 for love or money, the salvage yards here are all staffed by no-it-alls, they ask out of what, So as soon as I start to rattle off one vehicle line, they stop me before I can say anymore and send me away kickin rocks! They built millions of these engines but evidently didnt sell a single one near me! So I have a low mileage clean factory original 71 340, that I would trade even up for a complete 5.9! Any takers? Any resto guys in need? Thanks, Dan

Not that I have any 5.9's to trade but would like to know the VIN as I would like to find my correct 340 for one of my Demon projects.

John

So ask for a 5.9 out of a Ram or Jeep Grand Cherokee from around 2003 or so and hang on to the 340. If you just gotta have all the electronic crap why not go with a 5.7 Hemi? Remember though, the 340 will be running long after the 5.9 or 5.7 has been reduced to useless junk by an EMP.

the salvage yards here are all staffed by no-it-alls, they ask out of what, So as soon as I start to rattle off one vehicle line, they stop me before I can say anymore and send me away kickin rocks

A wise man once told me, "Guys who can't wrench, sell parts...." Oh, wait... that was Bad440! :evil4:

I have a 5.9l with all the acessories including air conditioning still attached and it had a full rebuild 5000 miles ago van rotted out from under it after the rebuild its from a 1999 dodge ram 3500 van Also comes with the ecm if your interested let me know

i got a 71 360 all tore down waiting for new pistons to bore it im in madison wisc
tell me as much as you can about that 340 thats what is in my barracuda waiting for a new 1 , thats where the 360 was headed pm me you not 1 1/2 hrs away

Put fuel injection system on top of a rebuilt 360

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20130218_140415.jpg
    27.6 KB · Views: 560
Ok I do not get it.You want A/C,Cruise,easy starts,and decent fuel economy,you can do all that with a 340.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back