Not open for further replies.

cudamike13

cudamike13
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Contact seller
I have a pair of manifolds in very good shape.
I was going to use them on my build, but decided to go with headers.
Located in Mineral Bluff Ga.

I want $175.00 for the pair. Cash or check.
Shipping extra.

IMG_2842.JPG
IMG_2843.JPG
IMG_2844.JPG

Will these fit in early a body? 1965 dart , Automatic, manual steering

I think they will.
I’m not sure why they wouldn’t. Currently I’m running my 340 with my 273 manifolds. I know it’s extremely chocked up so I’d like to get the larger ones. These look exactly the same as the 273 manifolds.

I’m not sure why they wouldn’t. Currently I’m running my 340 with my 273 manifolds. I know it’s extremely chocked up so I’d like to get the larger ones. These look exactly the same as the 273 manifolds.
Look how it dumps out compared to the 273 manifold. See anything different?

Jake

The driver side will not without a lot of unnecessary work.

Jake
To fit the driver side 273 manifold I did have to grind down a little corner of the block. Not a lot but enough to make it bolt on correctly.

To fit the driver side 273 manifold I did have to grind down a little corner of the block. Not a lot but enough to make it bolt on correctly.
If you want them, ok, but I don't know if they will fit pre 67.

a friend was running them on a 66 cuda.. no unnecessary work was done to make them fit.
Post up some pictures if you can. With the outlet headed towards the steering box compared to how the 273 was designed maybe some people don’t think kinking and bending a pipe 4 different ways isn’t a lot of work. Just buy a 25$ junkyard 360 magnum manifold and use it. It’s already 2.25 outlet and is dumping out the rear.

Jake

I will find out shipping tomorrow.
Sorry, don't know abt PM's.
TAD is first in line.
PM is here, you need to look at them every once in awhile and delete when you dont need them any more

upload_2020-5-10_20-11-33.png

Post up some pictures if you can. With the outlet headed towards the steering box compared to how the 273 was designed maybe some people don’t think kinking and bending a pipe 4 different ways isn’t a lot of work. Just buy a 25$ junkyard 360 magnum manifold and use it. It’s already 2.25 outlet and is dumping out the rear.

Jake

**** we pulld them off 15 years ago.. i know they were on there and actually fit well. i had always read they wouldn't fit so i was surprised to see them on there.

Go ahead and let next in line have them. Man, I tell ya, if I would have been more aware of how different and difficult it is to fit and find parts on these early A bodies I probably would have passed on my 65 Dart. Might be easier to make some mods to the 273 and put it back in my Dart. Then just sell the 340.

I had 68 340 manifolds on my 65 340 34 years ago....I remember they were forward facing like the ones pictured and they were already in there when I bought it so Im not sure what cobbling it took to make the exhaust head pipe but I dont think it was extreme. They wont fit power steering in a 65, I know that. Im partial to Magnums now if I had to do it again as they are way cheaper but if you got the 340 driver side, your 90% there. Passenger side is still 340/360 generic.

Go ahead and let next in line have them. Man, I tell ya, if I would have been more aware of how different and difficult it is to fit and find parts on these early A bodies I probably would have passed on my 65 Dart. Might be easier to make some mods to the 273 and put it back in my Dart. Then just sell the 340.
You'd be $800 richer and maybe a second slower with a stout 273/318 and a lot of gear out back.

Guys, we need to take a bunch of this to a private conversation please.
Thank you
Staff member memike

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back