340 Six Pack Heads-What are they worth?

-

rklein383

Reaction score
I have a lead on a pair of 340 six pack heads. Anybody know what they are worth?

In my opinion, if you are not building a "restore correct" car, there are better heads for the money in aftermarket

DISCLAIMER:

Once I thought I was wrong, but it turns out I was mistaken.

make sure the pushrod holes are drilled on an angle....TA heads and J heads share the same casting number...but the TA head pushrod are drilled on an angle....

TA heads only use TA rockers....stock non adjustable rockers will not work....

If the rocker are with the heads.....buy the complete setup and Flip them...LOL

I was planning on flipping them like you said. It is just a lead as I was talking to a guy at work who has a middle 80's pickup that was told when he bought it, that the heads were from a 340 six pack. The owner of the truck is planning on junking the truck soon, so I got his number so I can check it out.

I know that after market heads are the way to go these days, but the heads are still fairly valuable, especially to someone who wants the real thing.

Even if they are standard 340 heads, still worth something.
Rod

make sure the pushrod holes are drilled on an angle....TA heads and J heads share the same casting number...but the TA head pushrod are drilled on an angle....

TA heads only use TA rockers....stock non adjustable rockers will not work....

If the rocker are with the heads.....buy the complete setup and Flip them...LOL

Definately. As far as what they're worth - whatever someone sill pay. If you get them free it's a win/win for you.

Don't know the going price currently but as was mentioned make sure you get the rocker arms with the banana grooved shafts, and don't forget the push rods!

Guys into numbers matching on their TA/AAR's will probably pay a premium. With patience you can probably get enough to buy a set of well performing heads.

as a AAR Owner. to me u340 heads r as .. to my $ as u can get but a young man said . any one needs the cut that is on the aar ta shaft it is long on top of shaft. as my 340 stock have. yall I hope can still buy. simple there is a groove on rocker side about 2 inchces long. u can use on stock 273 318 and I love 360 the old 360. u can put any carb there. and hang on. my fun had 1 hemi b dodge and the rest skinny blocks o one 6pk 70 tx9 cuda. but had and fun tryin 2 blow up 340's. im 64 and got 2 440;6 but don't work on 3 abodies I race. one auto 9 dart 2 70 darts auto.

aars had a mancini has them oil groove at top near rocker . and ta aar where hyd but u tune them in HYD not solid.

we haven or was that heevn fun. skinny blocks my 6pks wr 1350 as my 69. 9 wakesup but 340 is gone fact 340 kicks lift off hood. there mine o and gals. bless

-
Back