340 swinger

-
trans

swinger 244.jpg

swinger 246.jpg

Where in Lowes? I need one. What is it made out of? I love the dart by the way and that engine just gave me a little wood. I have issues.
Look in the hardware section, with all the pull out bins of specialty stuff. its made from stainless and has the little spring tabs on the back . I think its a plug for a kitchen sink where the pull out spray hose would go if you didnt have that option.

Look in the hardware section, with all the pull out bins of specialty stuff. its made from stainless and has the little spring tabs on the back . I think its a plug for a kitchen sink where the pull out spray hose would go if you didnt have that option.

Sweet. Thanks. It's a good idea, because I may want a radio later.

Very nice dart you got there...Best Machine does good work,they did my Edelbrock heads for me..

Very nice dart you got there...Best Machine does good work,they did my Edelbrock heads for me..
Thank you, Best machine is very clean and organized. i would recommend them to anyone. pete recommended joels for the transmission, so i should have a solid combo here.

Very nice Dart. I love the color. It's cool that you still have the bench seat in it too. Keep posting pics.

This is one nice dart. What happened to the original 340 in it? Not putting it back in?
The numbers matching 340 is on a stand in the garage. I figured i would spare it the thrashing and leave it on the stand. One thing leads to another and before you know it your building a stroker, aluminum heads, intake, deep pan,etc. I hope to maybe rebuild it to stock spec and just have it for a conversation piece.

Here's some pics from today. Pan, valve covers, damper, alternator and pulleys. Had the usual hassle lining up the alternator, but im mixing 340 and 360 stuff so it figures.

swinger 250.jpg

swinger 252.jpg

GREAT looking car, thanks for the tip on the plug from lowes, I have been wanting to remove my antenna, the only music i need is the sound of that sweet MOPAR8)

Cool car, I have soft spot for blue Darts myself... I agree with one of the earlier posts too, shoulda held out for a '69.

What front tires are those? 165/80/15?. Looking into a set of Michelin XZX 165 SR 15's for VWs but they are expensive, like $170 ea. Looks like a killer wheel/tire combo though.

I bought a radio delete antenna plug off Ebay a while back thinking it would work but I have a concave fender. I need to figure out some way to secure it, the sink sprayer plug with the spring clips sounds like it might work.

yes the fronts are the 165's, cheapies though. and we''ll find out how good of an idea the kitchen sink parts are at around 110 mph.

yes the fronts are the 165's, cheapies though. and we''ll find out how good of an idea the kitchen sink parts are at around 110 mph.

What brand are the tires, Nankang? They look OK. Know the speed rating on them?

Maybe you can call your car the Kitchen Sink Special.

Vitamin C; If you don't mind me asking, what brand is your front end lower control and what is a ball park price on the set up? Love the car:cheers:

No, there not Lithuanian, i cant remember now, ill check tonight and get back to you :read2:

Vitamin C; If you don't mind me asking, what brand is your front end lower control and what is a ball park price on the set up? Love the car:cheers:
all the front end stuff is from just suspension, aluminum struts, tie rods, ball joints, brake kit etc. lower control arms are just the factory units. i can get you what i paid, but they are pretty easy to deal with,and will quote current pricing. and i think will cut some slack if you order everything at once.

The brand is Classic all season, 4ply! not sure of the spead rating,now you have me nervous!

The car is coming out great.Looks like your making all the right moves !

Funny,I used the same delete plug from Lowes....Lol
It actually works very well. I scuffed mine up with a schotch brite pad and painted it black.Eventually wood like to paint it body color.

The brand is Classic all season, 4ply! not sure of the spead rating,now you have me nervous!

They'll be fine. The Nankang brand is cheap too. I've just a done some research on this particular subject since I'm hoping to run drag radials on my car with skinny front tires but I don't want to mix bias and radial. The radials don't generally have the 'look' though like the bias tires so it's hard to find just the right one. The Michelin XZX looks like an M/T Sportsman front but again, they're really pricey @ $170 ea..

-
Back