340 to 416 stroker build need advice

-
All the guys pretty much covered it. Remember stroker applications are not intended for super high rpm operation due to the increased piston speed from the increased stroke. Make sure your cam choice is matched to everything else you plan on doing with the motor. As far as carbs I have used about everyone on the market and I've had the best luck with the quickfuel carbs which are a tried and true design. I bought demons when they first came out and always had some issue with them on every occasion. Good luck on the build and shop around. Ken at Hensley Performance is also a really great guy that builds some good stuff and can help you out as well.

Cranks:
Hughes says Eagle cranks are no good? They also say Scat cast is good to 600hp? I guess bottom line is what are some true cast and forged crank hp ratings?

CLutch
Who makes a killer clutch/ flywheel setup that will handle 550hp without killing my left leg? Centerforce, Hays, McLeod? I've used Centerforce Dual-Frictions in the past and liked em.

Well , this changes everything. LOL
If you have three pedals on the floor and like to drive with , shall we say , enthusiasm........you do NOT want to skimp on the bottom end.
I'd suggest a forged crank and if you buy an off shore part , have it thoroughly inspected for taper and clearances.
If you buy domestic , check it , but the track record for precision is a whole lot better.
Rods......again quality I beam or decent H beam. If you buy 280.00 I beams you are setting the table for suffering...........if you drive with " enthusiasm ".
Stud the mains and steel caps makes a lot of sense to me.
An automatic acts like a buffer for driveline shock , but with a stick you subject the crankshaft to a good bit more stress.
Do it right once and enjoy it with out worrying for years.

-
Back