340 vs 440

-
u as mam I have 3 complete not hemi. they r worth I have been. told u as Atoka Oklahoma people. my

I would have a good machine shop/builder build one for you,i would,nt trust a crate motor as far as i could throw one,having one built gives you the peace of mind of selecting the components and knowing exactely who built it,crate motors are built by who knows who,and from seeing /hearing some not built right most of the time...
Sorry, gotta disagree. I know a LOT of people who have crate engines, and they are all happy with them. Although there may be a few bad ones, and a few shady builders, I think most builders are OK. I certainly DO agree that having a reputable builder build an engine is good peace of mind, but I think crate motors are fine.

I 100% agree with mrbill about a good running 340 stinging a 440. My buddy has a mildly built 440 .030 with a .484 cam and my 340 is built pretty good .030 over, 509 pruple cam, air gap intake,3500 stall, shift kit, Ford 9" with 389 gear set and more and for the first 1200 feet all he is doing is smelling my exhaust then he finally catches me so my friend go with the 340 or even 360...

If both are "hooked up" and built alike, the bigger motor hands down, if the 440 is spinning , the 340 will kick its a$$, have less cooling problems , maintenance problems, and handle better .
Which one is more impressive --------------?

If both are "hooked up" and built alike, the bigger motor hands down, if the 440 is spinning , the 340 will kick its a$$, have less cooling problems , maintenance problems, and handle better .
Which one is more impressive --------------?
I know a young guy here in town that has a big? 340 in a 68 barracuda that will kick my 505" 68 barracudas *** > guess which one is hooked up !!

Godamn that pisses me off. For $3900 you can pick up that crate? I went to the local dealership and their price from Mopar Performance was $7200. We get absolutely raped at the border. We've seriously debated having one delivered just south of the border and driving down to pick it up. Where would you recommend to order that 360/390hp from if I was to go that route?

:soapbox: Please leave Gods name out of it on here.

-
Back