360 head trip

-
I was looking at stone setups today...

Gonna drop a head at the shop today, can't decide if I want to also have a nail head cut down to the same seat so I can switch them-tulip back cut against nail head back cut.
I dont know....they are gonna want to do guides as well...

back to looking at stone setups..

have one cut and do some testing with it. if it's a good thing, now's the time to do it.
before the guide are set to the used valve stem.........................

Check EVEL bay, a good deal will come alone..........buy it all new:sad5: scary!!!!
the stone set up that is!

i have a question concerning the roof kink. is there any danger of cutting through the head when removing the roof kink? like water underneat? thanks. by the way, this discussion is VERY interesting! i am learning something.

No water to be found directly above the kink 'though there is under the spring pad', however there is one head bolt on each head that is recessed more than the others...so you do stand chance of going through the edge of it...but luckily you can just jb weld a thick hardened washer in before you stick the head bolt in.

I did that on other my J heads.

And the same go's for the valve cover bolts, just use a set of studs and some jb weld.

Im waiting on the shop still, they're backed up.

I told'em no rush...they took me seriously.

That's the problem that I have had for the last year with my engine builder. I told them there's no hurry, because the car won't be painted till next summer. The short block is done and looking sweet, but he is still playing with my heads. 587 heads, had them install chevy 2.02's, he also cleaning up the bowls and runners. I just want it done right, so there really is no rush.

Great job so far wild&crazy and we really do thank you for going out of your way to post the pics and flow numbers.

Ok, so as of now I have had 1.94 11/32 stem valves installed, valve job and guides.
Today I will flow the as shown port with just the valve upgrade and light 'just off the seat' blending and we will see what this minutely larger valve and skinny stem yields in air flow.

Attachments

• 1347555528079.jpg
    93.9 KB · Views: 631
  • 1347555657572.jpg
    50.7 KB · Views: 599
  • 1347555632663.jpg
    57 KB · Views: 609
  • 1347555698586.jpg
    75.7 KB · Views: 608
The numbers
.100-63.8
.200-128.2
.300-190.5
.400-229
.500-241.5
.550-241
.600-240.1

So it saturated some , but is not really backing up, and it picked up a good amount from .100-.500
Sorry I lagged on the update, I'm really busy

The ex numbers after just mild bowl ,ssr , roof n guide blending...I also laid the floors casting bump back.
.200-103-80%
.300-146-76.6%
.400-169-73%
.500-180-74%
.600-192-79.6%

Thanks, kinda thought it would have made the sticky list.
Oh, and if anyone around here has some magnums or even a cracked mag head...I would do a thread for those as well.

Yes,Wild.Pulled already,savin the coin!.Sometime,next 2 to 4 weeks.(lol!)

how much to play with my3418 915 js cut to 2.02/160wee"ll have our own fabo R and D man you get paid we get knowlage and you get more customors pais to play with your whole all night for us lol i have 2 sets so i can still get building they are 71-72 360 heads opened to 2.02 /1.60give me an estemate i"ll get sent climed to 243 nice with a 5ish lift that will sound way radical and be defening GOOOOOONNEIN 9 SECONDS contact me WHAT CONTACT ME LOL JON

congrats on some brilliant threads! i've been thoroughly enjoying the findings.

I'm trying to shoot you a pm with some snaps of a project we have on the go, hoping for an expert opinion but your inbox seems to be full up.

thanks in advance,

Dan.

That intake runner can be ported a lot more; specially the short side ....... IMO.......

That intake runner can be ported a lot more; specially the short side ....... IMO.......

Well pics r decieving, so it looks as if the the turn is hanging out a lot when its not.. but on the other hand...this is not an all out porting thread.
You have to be carefull, if u lay it back too much, the flow gos away and backs up.
As for porting the intake runner, why ? It's only a 1.88-1.94 intake valve , its all in the guide and bowl ;)
FWIW I have another port I worked on this head that gos in the 250's and I can do better than that if I choose to. almost 40 cfm more than stock..lol..old junk iron.
Friends..Its not the peak flow that's most important...its the whole range of flow.

-
Back