360 heavier then 318?

-
Also, are those numbers based on those boat anchor OEM starters from back in the day? The mini starter is a lot lighter.

Cast cranks weight more than forged. forged can be made lighter to the same strength level as a cast in the same application. Someone weight a cast 360 crank to a forged 318 (probably when the table was written) but so many things can make an LA lighter: AL intake and or heads (huge), mini starter, etc.

Yeah and you don't share that enough.

Hey if you run your ride height high enough you can run any header you want and it’ll never drag. But I wouldn’t be proud of that or anything :rolleyes:

Hey if you run your ride height high enough you can run any header you want and it’ll never drag. But I wouldn’t be proud of that or anything :rolleyes:
You hush up. lol

The bigger main journal on the 360 cranks has to add some weight, and the longer stroke. Then x5 and you have a heavier crank.

The bigger main journal on the 360 cranks has to add some weight, and the longer stroke. Then x5 and you have a heavier crank.
Good point, I have both a 318 crank and 360 crank, I'll weigh them and see if there's a difference.

Depending on when those numbers were published it could also be due to earlier 318s having the low-rise single-plane intake while 360s always had dual-planes which have more complex shapes and thus more metal which makes them heavier. I believe earlier 318s also had thinner/lighter connecting rods...?

-
Back