360 LA engine build

-

cjcx3

Twisted Sundance
Reaction score
HELP!!!!!! I am going back to a small block and I have forgot alot of things. I need some sugestions. I want this thing to SCREAM!!! I am putting a 360 +0.030 LA in a 68 Dart. I need suggestions for pistons- I want to stay 93 octane friendly. Rocker arms? rods? intake? Will Magnum heads fit an LA block? :read2:

Scream? That's a 340's specialty. What is your budget?

Scream?=w2 heads, 4.30-4.57 gear, solid roller, 11.1 comp, 830cfm annular
call crane or comp for recommendations.
or....
Scream= W5 heads, 5.13 gear, solid roller (.800"+), same cr, twin 1050s, T-Ram, 2"pri. headers,
parachute(s), lotsa clean underwear.

to the op, magnums uses pushrod oiling. the retrofit magnum heads use standard LA oiling to the
heads.

He has a 360 dust.

93 octane freindly? Zero deck KB 107's. 9.8-1 with open chambered X,J,U,O etc...... works great with Edelbrock heads! Excellent quench area. Use with a Fel-Pro .039 gasket. Edelbrock Magnum heads can be used, but I'd stick with the LA stuff myself.

Upgrade to a roller rocker? Comp, Harland Sharp, Crane Golds... all excellent parts.
If the OE rods are shot, then a nice HI power handling rod should be had. I beams are easy to get and not to expensive. Eagle has nice sets. Whew, the list is long for most of these parts really.

Intakes? RPM for a great street striper, M-1 single, Edel. Victor for a hairly strip runner.

Cam to suite RPM range you drive in as well as gear ratio, car weight, and intended purpose....which, by the way, what is it exactly you mean by SCREAM! HA ha ha ha

lol... "Scream" is really open for interpretation.. How about "Whats the fastest car you ever drove?"

-
Back