360 LA installing Promaxx Aluminum heads

-
Do you have a picture of the otherwise with those headers as well.

That’s really low. *I think* your front door is is to low.

^^ Looks like spell check just murdered your post...lol.

The other side was about the same. I took those Hookers off with a sawzall.. sooo they ain't going back in.

If I decide to go back to longtubes in the future I'd likely buy from TTI as that's where the rest of the exhaust is from.

fetch?id=1562&d=1595958982.jpg

Ha ha ha, yup, no proof reading done…

Those headers are very expensive units these days.
632.00+ Depending on exact unit.

^^ Looks like spell check just murdered your post...lol.

The other side was about the same. I took those Hookers off with a sawzall.. sooo they ain't going back in.

If I decide to go back to longtubes in the future I'd likely buy from TTI as that's where the rest of the exhaust is from.

View attachment 1715960674

That was a bad decision to shred those headers. They aren’t making any more of those. That’s an easy 700 dollar sale. What a shame.

Looking at the 2" header ground clearance reminded me why I made my own headers....

That was a bad decision to shred those headers. They aren’t making any more of those. That’s an easy 700 dollar sale. What a shame.
There being made in two versions according to what’s for sale @ Summit Racing being one port, SAP (Same As Port) and the other a rectangle. Not specifically listed for an E body. But they fit an E body because I purchased them for my ‘73-4spd ‘Cuda and then used them on my Magnum, same base body as the Cordoba.

Darn good header.

It was the right decision at the time. I offered to locals and got no takers, likely because there were pretty beat up. Already had the TTI replacements ready to go. Have a bum back and a few hundred bucks was not worth the misery & pain removing those intact would have cost me.

There being made in two versions according to what’s for sale @ Summit Racing being one port, SAP (Same As Port) and the other a rectangle. Not specifically listed for an E body. But they fit an E body because I purchased them for my ‘73-4spd ‘Cuda and then used them on my Magnum, same base body as the Cordoba.

Darn good header.

If that header was the 5204 part number then Summit is lying. Like the 5322 and 5303, Hooker is no longer going to make them. And according to Hooker, they won’t be made ever again. Which is sad really but since they can’t be used with power steering I know they were a slow mover.

If that header was the 5204 part number then Summit is lying. Like the 5322 and 5303, Hooker is no longer going to make them. And according to Hooker, they won’t be made ever again. Which is sad really but since they can’t be used with power steering I know they were a slow mover.
Those are the A body header if I’m correct.
E body Super Comps are still made. Those are also the ones I said will fit the Magnum and Cordoba.

@Rat Bastid

I just scored these from my good friend in ew York how just had custom headers built for his Duster from American Racing headers. These 1-7/8 headers are almost good to go minus the twin tubes on the drivers side. A knucklehead at ARH (probably a new guy) cut the drivers twin tubes. That’ll need to be repaired later on before use.

Im not sure who made these.

FC43437E-AF18-4103-ADB0-2B348D6B2A7A.jpeg
81D4484F-D026-4EBA-B929-30F84190FA97.jpeg
F482FE22-000B-4AF4-84CC-913B530E6E15.jpeg
299950EF-23C8-4868-96AE-7F473DBE3F66.jpeg

Love buying intake bolts from Edelbrock they recommend in their own intake manual, then having to modify them to gettem' to fit.
fetch?id=6104&d=1658776277.jpg

Anyway.. the intake is officially glued in with a good bead of Right Stuff on the china rails and around the water jackets. Torqued to spec and drying in the hella hot garage as I type.
fetch?id=6105&d=1658777134.jpg

Need to dig up a set of grommets for these new valve covers so I can install the PCV valve.
fetch?id=6107&d=1658777288.jpg

@Rat Bastid

I just scored these from my good friend in ew York how just had custom headers built for his Duster from American Racing headers. These 1-7/8 headers are almost good to go minus the twin tubes on the drivers side. A knucklehead at ARH (probably a new guy) cut the drivers twin tubes. That’ll need to be repaired later on before use.

View attachment 1715960944 View attachment 1715960945 View attachment 1715960948 View attachment 1715960949

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH DAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAMN. Great score for you. That is still the best A body small block header I’ve used. I buy those up as soon as I find them. In fact, a bit over a week ago we installed a dang near BFN set of those on @lead69’s Dart. Bought them from a real good FABO member for a righteous price.

They fit perfect. And they work. Now, your buddy says his new headers made more power than those Hooker 5303’s and I don’t doubt him. What I’d like to do is test those two headers on the dyno and see how hey both measure up, not only against each other but against some of the other headers out there.

Great score. If I said I was jealous I’d be lying though my keyboard. I’m GREEN with envy for sure lol.

@Rat Bastid

View attachment 1715960944 View attachment 1715960945 View attachment 1715960948 View attachment 1715960949

@lead69

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH DAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAMN. Great score for you. That is still the best A body small block header I’ve used. I buy those up as soon as I find them. In fact, a bit over a week ago we installed a dang near BFN set of those on @lead69’s Dart. Bought them from a real good FABO member for a righteous price.

They fit perfect. And they work. Now, your buddy says his new headers made more power than those Hooker 5303’s and I don’t doubt him. What I’d like to do is test those two headers on the dyno and see how hey both measure up, not only against each other but against some of the other headers out there.

Great score. If I said I was jealous I’d be lying though my keyboard. I’m GREEN with envy for sure lol.

Ahhh crap. After a closer look my envy has turned to blah. At first glance those look like a Hooker 5303 but upon a closer look they appear to be TTI headers. I’m not a big fan of any TTI headers but I would like to test them back to back.

Why would someone cut those tubes like that.
Cause dumb fuckers sneak into the cracks of the best places around. It happens.
Ahhh crap. After a closer look my envy has turned to blah. At first glance those look like a Hooker 5303 but upon a closer look they appear to be TTI headers. I’m not a big fan of any TTI headers but I would like to test them back to back.
They are not TTI headers. They are Hookers according to my buddy.

For your viewing pleasure…..
I unwrapped the drivers header.

D0627470-9CB7-477D-A191-4D1999BCC72A.jpeg
00FE19D1-2BA0-459C-A58E-5EB0C9510EBF.jpeg

Yeah, that is the Hooker. Easier to tell unwrapped. Not sure what the pissing match is?
Me ether…. No pissing match going on as far as I’m concerned. Just two MoPar guys chatting away.

Yes! Much easier to see. That’s why I unwrapped it so you would get a good look. FWIW, IMO, I think the TTI short collector can be fixed except (I or someone just) paid a mint for them.

IMO, not that I’m a super smart header guru or something… but…
IMO, the header collector is too short. The transition is to short from the 4-1. Also, IMO, the collector that bolts to it is another issue in my head.
I’d like to see another 6 inches added on and then a reducer if need be.

The header needed clearancing in its past life. We know that’s not a power killer in any meaningful way if even at all. Here’s the drivers hung up… sort of…. LOL!

image.jpg

IMO - Wrong Too short

7E54ECE3-8868-42DA-8FD5-E290BB9A1FA0.jpeg

IMO- Right, maybe even longer would be good. But they maybe build dependent for the amount of pipe needed for max low end torque.

41905CCC-C641-4D3E-994B-F779A84C2897.jpeg

IMO - Wrong Too short

View attachment 1715961074

IMO- Right, maybe even longer would be good. But they maybe build dependent for the amount of pipe needed for max low end torque.

View attachment 1715961075

Yes, the collector is too short. Originally those collectors came without flanges. Also in the box with the headers were two 18 inch extensions plus 8 four inch and 8 six inch primary pipe extensions.

So yeah, those collectors are real short.

Yes, the collector is too short. Originally those collectors came without flanges. Also in the box with the headers were two 18 inch extensions plus 8 four inch and 8 six inch primary pipe extensions.

So yeah, those collectors are real short.

I think I still have tube extensions up in my shop attic.

-
Back